Alright, you guys know best. Which match-grade 10mm would you most likely go with?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Match-Grade 10mm Glock would you be most likely to purchase, and with which sights?

• Glock 20

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Glock 20 w/ extended and ported barrel

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Glock 20 w/ extended and threaded barrel

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Glock 40

• Glock 40 w/ extended and ported barrel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Glock 40 w/ extended and threaded barrel

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Trijicon HD Sights

• Trijicon RMR w/ suppressor sights

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters

APH Tactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Shooters, I posted up our G29 Bush and got some mixed feedback. It seems that many of you are actually fans 10mm Auto, and would just prefer it in a larger package. Which I'll admit, that I was happy about, as we had to explain the 10mm to plenty of guys at the range that were under the impression that it was "just a little more powerful than 9mm". It'll probably be quite a while until one of these actually sees the light of day, as we have a few other projects sitting in the chamber, but which would you prefer to see come to fruition, and with which sights? Also, if you could let us know what you'd anticipate using the pistol for, that would be greatly appreciated as well.
As mentioned by several on the other post, this pistol would be nearly identical in features to the Bush with the primary difference being in the match-grade barrel. We have been a dealer for Bar-Sto for some time now and absolutely LOVE the level of precision they bring to the table; and therefore would be using their gunsmith-ready, match-fit barrels at the heart of each of these pistols. Reloaders of the 10mm will be especially pleased with this as I'm sure most are aware that the Glock 10mm barrel tends to make cases unreadable.

Additionally, those interested in a quote for having a GS-fit barrel installed in their Glock, shoot us a PM. You'll never buy another "drop-in match grade" barrel again!

And as always...
SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!
Support your local Veteran-Owned Businesses,
And GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!

Thanks,
Mike

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have Barsto match-target fitted barrels in all my Glocks, including a G20. Groups from a rest with quality ammo (and a 3.25 moa red dot) have been 3.5" at 100 yards. Repeatedly.

I'm a big believer.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Mike - I am in on this one. A G20 with RMR, ported. I don't hunt bear or need a bear gun, but I spend a lot of time killing hogs. The 10mm is excellent I have found with Buffalo Bore 220gr rounds at knocking even the big 'ens down. Good luck on the venture!!

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll play even though I'm out of state and cant buy until one day i move to OK.

I chose the G40 ported with Trijicon HD sights. Why, because I feel it is the next best handgun to a large revolver for anything on the North American Continent. Yes, a heavy .44 or .454 or 500 would be nice they are heavy and may not be quite as practical as 15 rounds of 220gr of BB hardcase from the G40. Not 100% sure but i think the longer slide/barrel will be acceptable to possess in Canada if on vacation or visiting for some reason.

APH Tactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Tom, ha, then I bet you especially can appreciate the blurb I put in there letting them know that they'd never again be one of the guys dropping $350 on drop-in match grade barrel! Then they get on the internet asking which one is the best and it seems like it just never clicks. The one that wins is always going to be the one that holds the tightest tolerances, and if the thing is not matched specifically to your slide and frame it's not going to make the cut. We actually put our "top secret" G19 up against a $2600 "Glock" for a ransom test comparison at 50, 100, 200 and 300 yds just to see. From 8:30 in the morning on 50yds targets all the way through lunch time to the 300 yards plate in the afternoon, the secret Glock destroyed the $2600 "Glock" all day long. Best part yet, was this "top secret G19" at the time, had only the barrel, and our internal resurface and polish treatment "Inside Job" done on it. He called me later on that evening to buy the gun. Offered $1,500, but that would have been a rip of, so we calculated everything that went into the gun and sold it to him for $860. Which was less that 1/3rd what he'd paid for his other gun, and I think we still made like $35 on it! lol. For guys that love an accurate firearm, these barrels should be at the top of your lists!

Hey Hargrove, Got it, thank you! I think with a 20, having an extended/ported barrel, people would be getting pretty much the best of both worlds. G40 barrel length for added energy, built in porting for followups!

Hey Parks, Thanks for the vote! Also we ship guns to pretty much everywhere but Komifornia. We'd just send it to your local Dealer and re finished off the transaction.

Last edited:

APH Tactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Tom, the day's bests from the 50y and 100y targets were about 2" and 4" respectively on nosler match, outperforming the other gun by at lest 25% at each distance. The finale was a 12" plate at 300. Our Glock hit 12/20 and his hit 6/20. Keep in mind our trigger @ around 4.5lbs was poor in comparison, and he had the advantage of an RMR06.
Now, he does handload ammo for his guns and produced one (1) 3.5" 100yd group, but obviously if our gun had match ammo loaded for it, it too would have performed better. For the sake of comparison though, we used the nosler. He has since dropped a ZEV trigger in there and should be coming back up for another visit Thanksgiving/Christmas time. Hopefully by then he's got a load worked up for it, so we can do a REAL comparison!

In regards to your question though, we don't usually grab 100yd stats, our 50y group averaging around 2". In fact, if I had to provide an accuracy guarantee, I would probably go with 2.5"@50y like Les Bear just to be on the safe side, so I do think that your 3.5" 100yd averages are on the low end. Sounds like you've got a great pistol there. I'd love to know which ammo your running and with which internals. Also though, thus far, we've only done them for 9, 40, and 45. You said "all your Glocks" which other's do you have and of the same curiosity, what are there averages?

Thanks,
Mike

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 2 G17's with RM06, fitted Barsto barrels, and Suarez triggers.

I also shot my G20 with Docter II 3.25 moa red dot.

I didn't do my G21, G19, or G26, all of which have fitted Barsto's. So "all my Glocks" wasn't accurate.

I shot Underwood 135 gr hollowpoints in the G20, and both Win Ranger 127 gr +p+, and Fed HST 147 gr in the 17's.

One of my G17's is set up as a PDW, with Endo stock adapter and Shockwave blade, so I had more support for it.

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
100y. I don't remember which pistol for which target.
ETA: I believe the target with the bullet holes near the top was 10mm
i.imgur.com_3CPTLZl.jpg

i.imgur.com_b2zPCxw.jpg

i.imgur.com_OJPIoIR.jpg

i.imgur.com_ydOOsa6.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom