Am i going to get a ticket? stupid tollboth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You are a classy fella.

I do my best, if I have the change on me I pay, if I don't well then I dont. I live just off the turner gate in sapulpa, and the way the roads are set up unless I want to drive 20 minutes out of my way I'll be taking the turnpike. Weren't we supposed to be getting rid of the tolls at some point?

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Weren't we supposed to be getting rid of the tolls at some point?
:laugh6::laugh6::laugh6:

I may or may not know or have known someone that used to just make the throwing motion for the exit when there are no humanoids and they never received a ticket in the 3 years that this went on, granted this was 91-94, poor collage kid.:blush:

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was taking the Creek Turnpike home tonight. As I went to get on from Riverside I pulled into the toll booth to pay my 35 cents. I tossed in a quarter and a dime and waited for the light to turn green. It didn't change so I threw in another dime. The light stayed red. At this point the cars are backing up behind me so I said "eff it" and threw in another quarter and dime. The light didn't change and the drivers behind me were starting to really stack up... Having already paid 80 cents I decided to drive on through. I think I heard a "beep" and am pretty sure it clicked a picture.

Am I going to get a ticket in the mail? If so, how do I fight it?

Man, I sure hope that the City of Valley Brook does not stumble across this idea as a revenue stream. I can see them installing a defective tollbooth on SE 59th St and then mailing tickets to people for failure to pay. Then they would send out a fleet of wreckers to impound cars for non-payment of a dime toll. They would rake in a fortune in fines and kickbacks from the wrecker company.

stepper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow! This is the entrance I always had problems with! I put money in it, didn't change, put double the money in it, and still didn't change. I took off, and the bell rang. I got a ticket for $50 in the mail maybe a week later. This happened to me many times, so I got a Pikes Pass.

After I got the Pikes Pass, I didn't think I had any problems. When I went through a few times, the bell would go off, but I didn't know why. I got $800 worth of tickets in a weeks time. I took them all into the main office on Memorial, and I figured they'd take them all off, no problem, since I had a Pikes Pass. Nope. They got the manager of the place to come talk to me after I had talked to 2 other people. The manager reduced the fees to $150, which was the same as 3 $50 tickets. He said that was absolute best he could do. I wrote them a check for $150, and moved on. What a joke.
It turned out, they had one of the numbers wrong on my debit card, so it was declining my card when it got down to $10 to replenish. I told them that wasn't my fault, but they didn't care. Very frustrating.

The toll plaza on the Kilpatrick at Western used to be horrible about that. Wife had it happen and she called and they told her that sometimes the machine jams and flags people before they get the notification. In those cases they don't send one out if the machine did in fact jam.

Before I had a pike pass I had it happen a few times and called them. They told me they look at the tape and see if you tried to pay, if so then then they void out the violation. For what it's worth the times it's happened I've never gotten anything but the one time I blew one thinking I had my buddies pike pass it did flag me.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a cousin from California who came through to visit on their way back home. The came across the Creek turnpike in a motorhome pulling a car. They were complaining about how big a pain it was to pay the toll and how expensive. When I got the full story, they were pulling off the pike every time they saw a sign that said pay toll at exit. They would pull off, pay, go through the light and get back on the turnpike and go to the next sign to pay toll. I laughed my a@@ off. It's good to know we're making extra money off the out of staters.

That's freaking hilarious!

DogOnTheGround

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow! This is the entrance I always had problems with! I put money in it, didn't change, put double the money in it, and still didn't change. I took off, and the bell rang. I got a ticket for $50 in the mail maybe a week later. This happened to me many times, so I got a Pikes Pass.

After I got the Pikes Pass, I didn't think I had any problems. When I went through a few times, the bell would go off, but I didn't know why. I got $800 worth of tickets in a weeks time. I took them all into the main office on Memorial, and I figured they'd take them all off, no problem, since I had a Pikes Pass. Nope. They got the manager of the place to come talk to me after I had talked to 2 other people. The manager reduced the fees to $150, which was the same as 3 $50 tickets. He said that was absolute best he could do. I wrote them a check for $150, and moved on. What a joke.
It turned out, they had one of the numbers wrong on my debit card, so it was declining my card when it got down to $10 to replenish. I told them that wasn't my fault, but they didn't care. Very frustrating.

Awesome, sounds like I got a better manager than you :P

That gate has always had issues, I guess they are too cheap to fix it, or like tagging people for the supposed violations. Sure would be nice for the toll roads to be opened for free like they were supposed to be years ago huh.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i've had to throw in a few cents more at times to get the green light to come on in the past, say the toll is 50 cents.......throw it in and nothing but yet put another quarter in and it comes on. the toll roads are a joke

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Toll roads are the best way to build roads.Only the people that use them pay for them.With that said,the Turnpike Authority is probably the most corrupt/miss managed agency in the state.

Latest posts

Top Bottom