American Airlines Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The Company has turned down the union counterproposal and inceased the amount of desired layoffs in Tulsa to 2800 which will go back to around 1990 seniority.
We had 6 mechanics quit last week and i heard that 3 management personel were fired.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
The Company has turned down the union counterproposal and inceased the amount of desired layoffs in Tulsa to 2800 which will go back to around 1990 seniority.
We had 6 mechanics quit last week and i heard that 3 management personel were fired.

That is just crazy to think.... If AA bust the Unions in the bankruptcy procedure, could they keep the more productive workers and let the complacent workers go?

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm not sure. They could possibly lay off more than neccessary and force the old guys that have been in the shop for 15 years out to the floor. They'll not be able to crawl in the cargos and fit into the fuel tanks and will probably retire sooner than they had planned. Then they could take apps from former employees and pick and choose.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Labor(the union employees)still cost too much and management says no one on the management side will be taking any paycuts.
They're stuck in their ways and it's our fault.
I'm ready for the layoff.
Don't be looking for any of my union wages to come your way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom