American Blackout on Nat Geo tonite at 8:00

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another little tidbit...lock your friggin doors at night and don't cede your entire compound by retreating to a bunker when someone invades your house and then departs.

Oh yeah, and again, shoot the boyfriend...preferably back in town.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I'm about halfway through it.
Went and watched my grandson play some JV football instead.
But the one thing that kept running through my mind was how stupid people are.
And like a few others I probably would've left the hippie boyfriend home.
I could see his dumbassery from the first scene he appeared in.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another little tidbit...lock your friggin doors at night and don't cede your entire compound by retreating to a bunker when someone invades your house and then departs.

Oh yeah, and again, shoot the boyfriend...preferably back in town.

The showed their PC on that one, we can't have American citizens preparing to shoot each other over essentials. Also, if your vital stockpile is sitting out in the open and you're armed to the teeth, why go sit in a bunker with next to zero ability to defend it?

Jackwagon boyfriend isn't making that trip to begin with, give him an MRE and tell him good luck.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think they did a good job at showing a cross-section of people and the various reactions they might have to danger. The little kids whining and chattering were getting on my nerves by the end, but that's exactly how it would be.

For some reason though, I didn't get the very end. Tivo recorded two hours, but I missed the end. The showing I got must have started late, so I'm re-recording it with some extra time at the end. This isn't a multi-parter is it?

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ditto on leave the 'boyfriend'. Knew it was a dumbass move when Dad but them in the same room. Think it was intentional to show the "Prepper" as just as dumbass and vulnerable as everyone else.

The lil tidbits at the bottom made mention of rampant roving, vigilante, armed citizenry. Recommended stay put and wait for help. That worked out GREAT for the elevator peeps and the ditzy, penthouse blonde.

It was def a worst case scenario, as it only lasted 10 days. The first 2 -3 days propabbly wouldn't decline as fast as they portrayed, but by 10 days, the situation would be getting dire. Our 'fantastic' electrical service goes out at the lightest sprinkle and routinely is off for hours and sometimes a day or two. Look at the past storms and see how things are after 3 -4 days of snow and ice, uncomfortable but not all that bad. Extend to 10+ days ........ Bug in and good luck.

Best and most truthful part of the show; the NYC / LA yuppie, PC, Babba dummies will NOT survive. Go get your last latte, enjoy your caviar and kiss ass your asses goodbye and good riddance.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BB, you ought to put that Berkey to use! We use ours every day and I can't see us going back to tap water. We were blowing through the plastic bottles like crazy and now we might buy a case every 3-4 months for sports/school stuff for the kids. Set the Berkey free!!

I actually bought 2 of them (y'all hit dustingaunder up) so I could do just that but my kitchen is little-bitty, t-tiny ... NO room at the inn, as they say ... I have a coffee maker (so I can drink 3-5 cups of coffee a day and avoid dementia), a blender (so I can actually eat something besides salads without getting sick to my stomach -- damned gall bladder surgery!!), an Excalibur Dehydrator (I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Excalibur!!) and a microwave sitting on the two counters I have ... That leaves a little bitty space to knead dough when I wanna make bread, or set a bowl when I wanna make cookies ... Even the poor old crockpot has to sit on the dining room table ... :(

It's pitiful ... But I didn't buy this house for it's kitchen space. Believe it or not the house across the street (that rents for $950 a month!!) has a smaller kitchen than I do. It's actually more of a kitchenette ... In a 1200 square foot house ... Go figure ...

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe it said it was just a two hour documentary.

I need to find some time to get home and check the ending on my recording too.
Bowling lessons tonight....

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if people would be prosecuted for the crimes committed during the blackout..............

Would killing for food be considered a crime after the lights came back on?

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Couldn't stand watching more than a few minutes of it at a time with the shaky cameras and the stupid people/ bad acting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom