American Blackout on Nat Geo tonite at 8:00

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I wonder if people would be prosecuted for the crimes committed during the blackout..............

Would killing for food be considered a crime after the lights came back on?

Killing for food as in killing someone else to get to their food, I would think so. Killing while protecting your family and property doubtful. The trick would be being able to make the distinction clearly between offense and defense once the lights come back on. It would be a giant mess for some time. I would expect the legal system to bear the burden for a very long time after this kind of thing.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think if the grid fails nationwide, all in one day, itll be a free for all. I vote for Blanket amnesty. If Companies, Corporations and Business' dont prep and gets looted, I dont care. They get the same sympathy as individuals who didnt prep. Afterall, what if the power doesnt come back on. Gotta plan on worse. Defend your stuff or lose your stuff.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Killing for food as in killing someone else to get to their food, I would think so. Killing while protecting your family and property doubtful. The trick would be being able to make the distinction clearly between offense and defense once the lights come back on. It would be a giant mess for some time. I would expect the legal system to bear the burden for a very long time after this kind of thing.

I guess a head on a pike with a sign under it saying "Thief" at the entrance to my property wouldn't help my case any?..........

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if people would be prosecuted for the crimes committed during the blackout..............

Would killing for food be considered a crime after the lights came back on?

I'm afraid that if the power went off for a couple months this shipwreck would never recover. :rolleyes2 So probably no worries. :anyone:

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a semi-interactive website about it...http://www.survivetheblackout.com/

I'd like to see it and will have to wait for other means...I don't have NG Channel. Judging from the website above, I think I'd fare pretty well - if I was at home in OK. Working in Chicago right now and not getting home much, it would suck.

I'm gonna check out this link...http://www.theburningplatform.com/2013/10/29/american-blackout-2013-national-geographic/

It is an hour and 27 minutes...may be the whole show...?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom