Ammo at Big Boy's Guns and Ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ammo Hussler

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spent the day at the spinal chord injury group at Jim Thorpe Rehabilitation Center. I figured I'd try to hunt down some ammo while I was in the city. Did a quick google and a few phone calls and found out big boys guns had some ammo. Got there to find a loaded to the top box of 50 round 9mm brown bear 115 grain sitting on a counter with a sales rep ready to hand them away. I assume the big box had at least 20 50 round boxes. There were also some other rounds but not sure which and how many.

tdlee460

New to the site!
Reaction score
I was there a few weeks ago and tried to get some .22 and all they had was Aguila subsonic for $4.79 a box. Crazy if you ask me. The stuff didn't even cycle my GSG 1911 .22 so I wasn't about to even try it in the M&P 15-22 Performance Center

Ammo Hussler

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anybody know when academy or other stores get shipments in? Im considering making an early run to okc but I dont want to waste the gas if everybody is still out.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anybody know when academy or other stores get shipments in? Im considering making an early run to okc but I dont want to waste the gas if everybody is still out.

Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, there is a line at the door waiting for them to open up. They get ammo almost every M-W-F but sometimes not. Never on Tues-Thurs-Sat-Sun. The people waiting in line before the door opens up bring friends and family and buy all they can, but Academy has a 3 box limit, each of the 3 boxes must be a different caliber, you can't get 2 or 3 boxes of the same caliber. Oh, by the way, this ammo is at the front customer service desk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom