Ammo Price Gouging Needs To Stop!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
any business owner who disregarded the yo-yoing of ammo prices and the constant rise of firearms prices wasn't paying enough attention or was simply using the wrong business model.

i mean, think of all the people here stockpiling. why wouldn't a business? especially if have other product that can bring in income like a pawn shop or general sporting goods store? and you know that ammo prices in particular have been subject to massive, sudden price hikes because of media driven frenzies?

you think national big box retailers aren't stockpiling?

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
imagine being a gun store owner and not stockpiling for years when you could. like holy cow i can't believe there are people who think these mega corps aren't stockpiling ammo just like people, lol.

anyone remember this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leland_Yee
that convinced me without a doubt that no matter you think, there's also way more out there than you realize. and people claiming they don't have, or more importantly, that YOU can't have, mostly likely have the most. and while that guy was busy trying to sell straight up military weapons, he also had a CRAPLOAD of old milsurp guns in his cache. and a LOT of ammo. like, a LOT of ammo.

>sits on literal tons of ammo
>"only two boxes (of 20 rounds) now!"

ohms

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know of an example of both.There is a man that owns a pawn shop that took a trailer to northern Texas and southern OKlahoma when walmart was selling 9mm for 10 cents a round back in December 2019.He had several people help him and i heard he bought over 150,000 rounds in a few days.A few weeks ago he was selling it for 90 cents a round close to the army base in Lawton.Don't know this for a fact but it is what i heard and he always has ammo.The local gun store and shooting range where i live didn't have any 22 for 2 or 3 months and i sold them my stash so they could have CCW classes.I go to that range quite often and until the last month 90 percent of the time if people came to shoot 9mm the range nor the gun store had any for sale.In the last few weeks they have got in 2 pallets of 9mm and people are paying 50 cents a round and it is selling
I know of an example of both.There is a man that owns a pawn shop that took a trailer to northern Texas and southern OKlahoma when walmart was selling 9mm for 10 cents a round back in December 2019.He had several people help him and i heard he bought over 150,000 rounds in a few days.A few weeks ago he was selling it for 90 cents a round close to the army base in Lawton.Don't know this for a fact but it is what i heard and he always has ammo.The local gun store and shooting range where i live didn't have any 22 for 2 or 3 months and i sold them my stash so they could have CCW classes.I go to that range quite often and until the last month 90 percent of the time if people came to shoot 9mm the range nor the gun store had any for sale.In the last few weeks they have got in 2 pallets of 9mm and people are paying 50 cents a round and it is selling like hotcakes.
God bless America!!!

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reasonable is a subjective term
Of COURSE it is. But here (again) is my point...

I have never seen anyone here call for government controls on prices for private sales like our classifieds.

What you see is people complaining that someone's asking price is too high. So that is of course their subjective opinion, but to suggest that they are against free enterprise is a straw man. I've never seen that here. If you want to criticize them for complaining about someone's asking price, that's one thing but to say based just on THAT that they are against free enterprise is not accurate.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
my problem is places calling themselves "stores" rationing stuff while sitting on pallets of inventory.

if you are open for business, you should sell. if you aren't selling, you aren't a business. it's that simple. a lot of stores are essentially no different than users here, stockpiling when cheap then selling when high. the only difference is; they buy pallets when cheap and sell 20 round boxes (limit 2!) when it's high.

rationing like that is my issue, especially to create artificial panic and artificial scarcity.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally I have decided to shoot the remaining ~1500 rounds of 9mm I have before buying anymore in hopes that by the time I get through all of it the prices will have dropped.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
wew lad

pretty sure the NRA and gun manufacturers were absolutely falling all over themselves to get lefties into buying firearms. all the trump hate was 100% a big part of that. now, instead of things like media exploited mass shooting driving up the cost of everything, we're going to be see a two-step approach; something that triggers the right followed by something that triggers the left.

now every time the media complains about states passing "voter id laws" i bet we see lefties run out and drive up gun prices. every time the media says "oh no, you aren't fully vaccinated anymore, you were i guess but now you need that third shot" we'll see lefties drive up gun prices.

it's got a two step now, and it ain't going back imo. the only thing that is lowering prices right now is the fact that the ammo for sale has ALWAYS been available. it was always there; they simply said it wasn't to charge 8x the price.

AguaFriaRanger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Q4 2019 was the best ammo prices are going to be for a while. Like Joegrizzy said, the media-enforced panics are going to keep happening, and bidenflation is here to stay. And that is if we don't shut down again for delta. Things won't normalize until 2024 at the earliest in my opinion, until then paying ~50% more for ammo is going to just be a fact of life. Just wish I had bought more cases of CCI brass 9mm when they were $190/1000, starting to run low. The real question is when is the combloc market going to cool off? I want an SKS but I'm not paying $650+ for a Chinese SKS and I don't care to gamble by ordering one from PSA

Latest posts

Top Bottom