An email from Rep. Lankford's office explaining his vote

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't like the bill much myself BUT I think we have to face the fact that there simply aren't enough fiscal conservatives in the Senate to vote for a responsible measure. There won't be until 2012 and that's if the people of America actually pay attention to things between now and then. That's a big "if". For right now, I understand that conservatives had to compromise in order to get some sort of solution passed. I firmly believe that the balanced budget amendment will pass and to me that's a huge victory. It had to come at some sort of cost.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight.
By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Responses to debt deal range from angry to angrier

[From the right and center: mild disgust. From the left: outright anger.

Americans showed a range of emotions and responses to the debt-limit deal President Barack Obama and top leaders of Congress struck Sunday, but few were positive. Except perhaps relief that the weeks of wrangling was finally over.]

http://news.yahoo.com/responses-debt-deal-range-angry-angrier-023415505.html

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Responses to debt deal range from angry to angrier

[From the right and center: mild disgust. From the left: outright anger.

Americans showed a range of emotions and responses to the debt-limit deal President Barack Obama and top leaders of Congress struck Sunday, but few were positive. Except perhaps relief that the weeks of wrangling was finally over.]

http://news.yahoo.com/responses-debt-deal-range-angry-angrier-023415505.html

Just a temporary pause. After Sept 30th they will have to pass another continuing resolution to fund the government. Be prepared for horror stories about the government shutting down and grandma not getting her check.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All 5 House reps from OK voted for the measure. Didn't we elect them more recently than the Senators (well, one of the Senators, anyway), and these House reps all ran on the concept of gutting Big Washington Government?

How quickly they cave...

I could be in Congress, but I would never make it as my matter-of-fact nature would piss of my constituents so much I would never get elected. Hell, I probably wouldn't get a dollar's worth of help to even declare and run!

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lies lies lies.

I'm pleased that Inhofe and Coburn voted no and I'll be calling their offices today to commend them and let them know they have my support.

Bunch of crooks in Congress... they blame the spending on "the government". It's THEM! THEY are "the government".

Let me break it down. They raised the debt ceiling by $2.4 Trillion. It is the largest debt increase EVER + it follows the second largest increase EVER, ALSO during Obama's reign. That increase was $1.9 Trillion, just LAST YEAR in Feb 2010!!!

RIGHT NOW, the current total debt is $14.3 Trillion. So they raised the limit by 17% to $16.7 Trillion!

The 2012 Federal Budget is $3.7 Trillion. That means they raised the debt limit by 65% of the budget!!! Insane!

The $21 Billion that they claim they "saved" when compared against the proposed 2012 budget of $3.7 Trillion means that Congress and the White House in their infinate wisdom have agreed to cut that spending by .57% (that's a little over a HALF of ONE PERCENT).

Compare this to the projected tax revenues for 2012 of $2.6 Trillion. They're already proposing to OVERSPEND by $1.1 Trillion and all they can cut for us is $21 Billion.

This all would be comparable to you making $50,000 a year while having a current total debt of $275,028. Then going out and opening a line of credit for an additional $46,102 to bring your total indebtedness to $321,130. Then, actually spending $21,154 MORE than you made for a total of $71,154 in the year. You would justify taking out that extra $46,102 line of credit by saying that it's ok because you've already identified ways to trim $406 from the extra $21,154 that you wanted to spend originally.

Last edited:

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well certainly didn't take Lankford long to become a true Washington politician. Wasn't that what he was running against when he was campaigning? Hope people remember this when election time rolls around again. Lets send him back to Falls Creek.

Latest posts

Top Bottom