An email from Rep. Lankford's office explaining his vote

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What a BS excuse. Just more of the same. These people don't represent us. Where are the real solutions? You know, LIKE CUTTING SPENDING! Cutting, dumb-ass programs or hell, even cutting from the military's crazy annual budget? Where are the cuts? No, we'll just raise the debt limit! Yeah, okay, that makes sense!

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me break it down. They raised the debt ceiling by $2.4 Billion. It is the largest debt increase EVER + it follows the second largest increase EVER, ALSO during Obama's reign.

RIGHT NOW, the current total debt is $14.3 Trillion. So they raised the limit by 17% to $16.7 Trillion!
[/SIZE]

I get your general point, but 14.3 trillion + 2.4 billion != (14.3 + 2.4, or) 16.7 trillion

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He's gonna be like Gov. Henry. Hang out as an elected official doing God's Christain Missionary Work for as long as he can, become a lazy, worthless drunk who sleeps all day and hangs out all night with others just like him, and then find a college here in the state that needs a president so he can double-dip til he dies.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get your general point, but 14.3 trillion + 2.4 billion != (14.3 + 2.4, or) 16.7 trillion

Whoops. Yes sorry I meant to say 2.4 Trillion. the 16.7 is still accurate and what I based the other calculations on so they are accurate.

It's truly amazing to me how they can increase the debt limit by almost as much as the projected revenues for 2012.

It's akin to me going out and borrowing the amount of my paycheck every week just so I can keep spending like a drunken sailor.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He's gonna be like Gov. Henry. Hang out as an elected official doing God's Christain Missionary Work for as long as he can, become a lazy, worthless drunk who sleeps all day and hangs out all night with others just like him, and then find a college here in the state that needs a president so he can double-dip til he dies.

Don't forget Dan Boren will follow that Archetype as well. Just like his father ;)

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you believe anything any politician tells verbally, electronically, by word of mouth or by any other form of communication I have a couple of bridges you might be interested in buying along with some swamp land.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't take long for him to sell out did it? What a crock. And people wonder why I hate everything to do with politics. I'd thought about running. My idea was to set up a couple of 1-800 numbers, one for yes, and one for no. When a vote comes up, my constituents call either line to voice their vote. The number with the most calls is how I would vote, seeing as how I represent the people who elected me. Only snag I could see is people who could call multiple times, but I'm sure there's a way to screen that out.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They truly are cowards & traitors. They're destroying this country as surely as an invading army. Does it really matter what method they use? I'm so disgusted right now. :(

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I don't get is why the Dems are so mad! And of course like spoiled teenagers who didn't get part of their allowance they start name calling! They invoke Satan now that it suits them to believe he exists. I read comments from people on the Internet and they are seething with hatred for the Tea Party. How is it these people are so mislead? I honestly am baffled by their ignorance. We are on a sinking ship and these people are fighting the ones trying to patch the holes!

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They truly are cowards & traitors. They're destroying this country as surely as an invading army. Does it really matter what method they use? I'm so disgusted right now. :(

Me too, just disgusted. Like I said I was very excited we elected a non-politician....woopty effing doo....lot of good that did us!!! I think he should face a challenger in the primary.

Latest posts

Top Bottom