annoying gun range in Choctaw??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I guess in Choctaw the Indians (Pottawattamie) built an outdoor shooting range. Apparently, since its on Indian land there was no notification to nearby residents (some of whom are right across the street) and noise is now a huge problem. Anyone know what the deal is, why was there no notification, isn't some type of noise abatement taken into consideration? My buddy has lived out there for years and now has to hear guns going off all night. He owns and shoots guns himself, but will refuse to give them business.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wasn't the Indians.
It's a privately ran sporting clays range, called Quail Ridge I believe.
And it's not in Choctaw it's south of McLoud on hi-way 102 about a mile and a half north of I-40.
Not many house near it.
Sounds more like a white supremacist group to me.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Quail ridge can't catch a break anywhere. Lol. They just had to move from 149th and air depot because the neighbors down the road wouldn't tolerate the sound. Some even said they were worried about being shot.... Lol.

But after further review of the original post, it's probably not Quail ridge. They don't operate at night.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been hearing some shooting lately down south of SE 15th, between Henney and Choctaw roads. I'm pretty sure that's county land. I hadn't heard of any new range opening up.
Must ask the City Manager...

Latest posts

Top Bottom