Anti-Bullying Campaign is just propaganda

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ironic...gay keynote speaker Dan Savage, founder of the "It Gets Better" anti-bullying movement, launched into a profanity laced tirade against the Bible during a high school journalism conference and called students who walked out on his tirade "pansy assed". I always knew that this movement wasn't about kids picking on the nerd in class...it's really just about ending the bullying of gays. Those on the left who claim to espouse "tolerance" only demonstrate it when its convenient for them. Dan Savage didn't seem to have any problem bullying the Christian students in the audience. Next time your kid comes home with a flyer or you see the President on TV with a public service message, remember this video.

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarne...ing-speaker-curses-mocks-christian-teens.html

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All that bullying mumbo jumbo they're preaching in school don't mean doodly-squat when you have a brain dead teacher like my son has. They could setoff claymores in her class and she'd dismiss it as "just playing".

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The anti-bullying campaign on the whole isn't propaganda, but Dan Savage sure is a tool; I'll give you that.

As HMFIC says, too many (not all, but too many) teachers/districts are so caught up not stepping on others' toes, that they don't even properly discipline true bullies. They're afraid of complaints, litigation, dipstick parents, etc. Or they just don't care.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It used to the bully ended up on his back with a bloody lip... Once the good kids had enough of his BS.....

Unfortunately, in this day and age giving the bully a bloody lip will result in the good kid being ganged up on by 5 or 6 bullies in retaliation. Once you get up into the High School level, this sometimes means getting put in critical condition or being shot if the bullies are part of a gang.

I remember back in highschool, the key rule is that if you get into a fight you do it at school. It may lead you to gettting suspended, but there's a crowd watching and eventually teachers and on location cops will break it up. Getting into fights after school likely resulted in someone getting sent into the ER and nearly killed. This was back in the late 90's when everyone idolized gangs and suburban rich kids wanted to be a crip or a blood, rofl. I can't imagine what it would be like to be in school now.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm pretty much not into the whole "anti-bullying" thing. I wasn't a bully and I didn't get bullied. As soon as people like Lady Gaga and Obama get involved, I'm out. For all I care that Savage character and his followers can all go beat each other up and feel better about themselves.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got bullied until a wheat harvest trip hardened me up. Put the hurt on a couple of them who immediately became best buds. It's not like that any more. It isn't a problem with an easy solution, and frankly I don't have a clue as to what we need to do. CB

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My audio is screwed so I can't hear what he's saying, so I might not be justifying what he's saying, but I will justify his position on religion. Him being gay, he realizes that it's not a choice like Christians try to convince him it is. He's probably got a lot of built up hatred towards Christians, because even though he may not be Christian, he's still influenced by Christianity in a negative way. He cannot get married, he's oppressed by a majority of society, he's constantly told how he's going to hell for his "choices". I support him for fighting back against oppression, but without hearing his words I can't support any low-blows. I only hope he fights with the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom