Anti-Bullying Campaign is just propaganda

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gregorius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you. I understand that I'm a very small minority in our state, so I learn to stand my ground without disrespecting those around me. I glad you understood my comment. I didn't want to support any hateful remarks by this guy, as two wrongs don't make a right, I only wanted to say that I understand why him, being a homosexual, would have resentment towards Christians in general.

We are a minority, but I don't think it is as small as you think. I think we end up "closeted" in states like Oklahoma more than other places, because most of the social inertia in the state is right wing and religious. I grew up religious and my family retains their beliefs, so I have to tread a fine line with them. It isn't my place to force them to question their beliefs, so I don't bring it up - but everyone else is fair game if they start prosthelytizing. I spent many years keeping my atheism a secret, though. When I would tell people it was like they instantly thought less of me, and of course that reaction would instantly make me think much less of them. It is pretty easy to understand the hostility that the Gay community holds toward Christians if you try to see it from their point of view.

And no, homosexuality really can't be a choice. Nobody in their right mind would choose a path so fraught with difficulty on purpose. I just can't imagine choosing the path of maximum resistance - especially in a place so openly hostile to that lifestyle.

Regarding the bullying? I have been fascinated by the fact that it has gotten so much press lately. Back when I was a kid I remember my mom telling me to "turn the other cheek" when I got picked on by a grade school bully. My dad didn't want to disrespect my mother or her wishes, but after a couple of weeks of me turning the other cheek and getting smacked around for my troubles, my dad finally pulled me out into the garage one afternoon and just told me straight out: "you are going to have to kick that boys ass or he will never leave you be". I took dad's advice, and I never had any troubles with bullies again.

I understand physical altercations aren't the solution to all bullying problems, but sometimes it is the only choice you have with a certain breed of bully.

Now if you are upset about "cyber bullying", I think you may have a bigger problem, primarily the fact that you give a damn about cyber bullies. Who cares? cancel your FB. Problem solved.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now if you are upset about "cyber bullying", I think you may have a bigger problem, primarily the fact that you give a damn about cyber bullies. Who cares? cancel your FB. Problem solved.

I agree with most of what you said, this just stuck out to me. This is 100% correct. If some D-bag is bothering your kid on facespace/mybook, take your kid off the computer. Holy crap, now they aren't being cyber bullied!

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So many issues get what I call the pendulum treatment. "Yes this issue has been swung too far right, here we're going to correct that by swinging it left." What the heck happened to the middle?!? The middle is fair. Why can't the thing sit right there in the middle? The middle is where common sense resides. We're gay-bashing one minute and promoting it the next. We're guzzeling gas one minute and taxed to death on it the next. We're letting terrorists on board planes one minute and patting down a 2 year old the next.

YOU THINKING SOME GUY'S HAIRY BUTT IS WHERE IT'S AT IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS AND LET'S KEEP IT THAT WAY. ...and to stay more on topic than Savage did, my boys were taught the same thing.

Last edited:

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are two views I hold on the matter of bullying.

One: I don't know if bullying is a more prevalent problem than it was twenty, thirty, or fifty years ago, but it's undeniable that school systems, lazy parents, and look-the-other-wayer students are enabling it to become a worse problem than it already is. Saying the anti-bully is propaganda and therefor irrelevant is a little disingenuous. Gay kids don't deserved to be bullied any more than straight kids do.

Two: Kids these days are too wimpy. If I said that to a student I'd be called a bully. But it's true. Kids need to stop being p***ies and man up. You don't need to go kill yourself because you were bullied. Get over yourself. Recognize that you'll probably be their boss someday. Killing yourself is the most selfish, unnecessary thing you could do.

gregorius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If some D-bag is bothering your kid on facespace/mybook, take your kid off the computer. Holy crap, now they aren't being cyber bullied!

I know, right? I just can't wrap my head around the concept of a "cyber bully". It makes me want to scream "you can't be bullied on the interwebz"! It makes no sense. Has human culture reached its nadir when pasty computer nerds in their mom's basements are suddenly a scourge of epic proportions? A lot of these guys don't even breed. I think we will muddle through.

gregorius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do believe Christian bashing has replaced Gay bashing. Can't we just play nice...

I sincerely hope this is not a reference to my post. It was a simple observation. I make every effort not to bash anyone, including the gays and the Christians, no matter how easy a target they may be.

I just don't respond well to those that proselytize.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with most of what you said, this just stuck out to me. This is 100% correct. If some D-bag is bothering your kid on facespace/mybook, take your kid off the computer. Holy crap, now they aren't being cyber bullied!

And yet when an adult on OSA can't say whatever they want, a crying hissy fit about Nazis, the 1st Amendment, and such is sure to follow instead of just not patronizing a website........

Curious.....

Michael Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom