Anti-Bullying Campaign is just propaganda

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, to the same effect, many christians (not all, but many) force their lifestyle on children as well. Before they are mature and educated enough to make a decision. I would say to a much greater extent. Someone else being gay does not affect you anymore than someone else being religious affects me.

It's not the same, because a parent teaching their child about religion is well within their rights as a parent. Gay activists, through public schools and the media, are forcing their views upon other people's children.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not the same, because a parent teaching their child about religion is well within their rights as a parent. Gay activists, through public schools and the media, are forcing their views upon other people's children.

and prayer in school was different how for those that don't believe in a Christian God?

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
When has a child been forced to be gay? That's an emotional argument at best. If you're referring to the occasional boy who dresses in girls' clothes and goes to school and makes the news, I'd say that any boy who wants to dress in girl's clothes is probably already gay and no one had to force them.

I'm a Christian. However, I sure don't understand all the bigotry in the name of Jesus. Christ didn't hang out with people just like him, he purposely and purposefully went among the whores, relieves and sinners. I think some of the judmental horse's asses sitting so self-righteously in their pews are in for a rude awakening. Christ had COMPASSION and LOVE for others, not hate and condemnation. Lots of his so-called "followers" around here seem to forget that fact.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Am I the only one that finds your opinion on the subject absolutely chilling? Does anyone who wishes it, deserve privacy or anonymity? In this "up to the nanosecond" media frenzy where it's OK for invasive reporting to pierce the most intimate part of our lives, where people routinely take their phones and email and work and extended family drama on vacation with them, where does one go for sanctuary? Is it really any wonder that people go off the deep end? Isn't it somewhat surprising that it doesn't happen more often? Sad, very sad if you ask me. :(

There is no privacy any more. In fact, if you want privacy, you certainly must stay off forums and social networking sites. Welcome to our brave new world.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a Christian. However, I sure don't understand all the bigotry in the name of Jesus. Christ didn't hang out with people just like him, he purposely and purposefully went among the whores, relieves and sinners. I think some of the judmental horse's asses sitting so self-righteously in their pews are in for a rude awakening. Christ had COMPASSION and LOVE for others, not hate and condemnation. Lots of his so-called "followers" around here seem to forget that fact.

Amen, I was beginning to think that I was the only one that noticed this.

I assume anyone that doesn't support gay rights is very confused if they consider themselves a Christian.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i.imgur.com_lp8kv.jpg

gregorius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no privacy any more. In fact, if you want privacy, you certainly must stay off forums and social networking sites. Welcome to our brave new world.

I sort of think that there will eventually be a backlash to the complete loss of privacy. I know everyone seems to find it clever and interesting to post up where they drink coffee or eat or shop every fifteen minutes, but I think there will come a day when many people just stop playing. There is a fair amount of hubris involved when people think anyone else is interested in every mundane detail of their lives, and the ones who are interested in those details are sort of like boring voyeurs. There already seems to be a backlash among people I know, but that evidence is strictly anecdotal. Tons of folks I know have completely abandoned social networking and the rest of us are not very active users of the technology.

It is fair to say that anything you post up on the interwebz is fair game and very difficult to hide, so really there should be no particular expectation of privacy online - but I think as time goes on people may actually start moving away from social networking. I sort of hope so. I love technology, but I don't really see social networking as progress. It feels like it is making everything worse. Kids can't even communicate without text-speak and emoticons anymore. That can't be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom