Antivirus for Android

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I've done made the change from PC to using my tablet as a computer. I need advice from some of you tech gurus about antivirus for tablets ect. Something that doesnt clog up the works with "Extras" bs.

Any suggestions?

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are running a factory firmware, don't have developer mode enabled, and aren't installing rogue APK files, there's really no virus risk.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are running a factory firmware, don't have developer mode enabled, and aren't installing rogue APK files, there's really no virus risk.
What about things like trojans, ransomeware, spyware, adware etc... I am not sure what developer mode is.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What about things like trojans, ransomeware, spyware, adware etc... I am not sure what developer mode is.

To keep it simple - Android (and other systems like Linux and Mac) run in a user-privilege mode that does not allow malware to take grip of the system. Windows also tries to do this now but isn't quite a hard-line about it.

I'm sure you have noticed when you install something from the Play store in Android, you are ASKED if you want to install that app. That is the frontline defense against malware so be cognizant of what you are installing on your tablet.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To keep it simple - Android (and other systems like Linux and Mac) run in a user-privilege mode that does not allow malware to take grip of the system. Windows also tries to do this now but isn't quite a hard-line about it.

I'm sure you have noticed when you install something from the Play store in Android, you are ASKED if you want to install that app. That is the frontline defense against malware so be cognizant of what you are installing on your tablet.
Ok so that covers apps. What getting malware thru the browser? Thanks by the way

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok so that covers apps. What getting malware thru the browser? Thanks by the way

Modern browsers include site filters that, if enabled, keep you from going to sites that are reported as malicious.

But on an Android tablet, I can't think of anything you could download that would hurt your operating system, that didn't have additional checks upon execution anyway (APK files).

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Modern browsers include site filters that, if enabled, keep you from going to sites that are reported as malicious.

But on an Android tablet, I can't think of anything you could download that would hurt your operating system, that didn't have additional checks upon execution anyway (APK files).
So I just need to enable developer mode then.

Latest posts

Top Bottom