Any house flippers/ Remodelers on the board? Few Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like the title says, I have some general questions, reguarding prices of materials per square feet. I know alot will vary depending on quality of product, but if anyone can help or point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it.

Ccpatrick

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Cool, I was wondering about that. Thats the desk on the lumber side up front?

Yes! And here's a tip that will raise the value of the house by 5% and cost nearly nothing.

Krylon oil rubbed bronze paint. $3 or so at Wal-Mart $6 at Lowes. Paint every hinge, ceiling fan motor, door knob and faucet. Then the house will look like the new models do. You have to lightly sand on the faucets and clean with acetone but I've painted $800 whirpool fixtures and no one could tell. I bought my last flip for $148k and sold it for $209k. Granted this was a crazy deal of a lifetime but the krylon sold the wife on it looking like the new homes. Good luck!

Ccpatrick

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thats a good idea, but can that paint really hold up to years of wear and tear that those pieces take?

You'd be surprised how well it lasts. Ceiling fans, hinges...forever. Door knobs, faucets...several years. It's important to prep chrome really well. I even primed it.

Tulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Flippers don't care as long as it lasts til the closing.

If they want a good reputation for their company they should care.

You'd be surprised how well it lasts. Ceiling fans, hinges...forever. Door knobs, faucets...several years. It's important to prep chrome really well. I even primed it.
I could see the fans and all that lasting, I just dont know if I would do door knobs and faucets.

Ccpatrick

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If they want a good reputation for their company they should care.

I could see the fans and all that lasting, I just dont know if I would do door knobs and faucets.

Company reputation has nothing to do with a flip. The buyer only knows the name of the principal owner. You'll never have a repeat buyer. Working towards being the best quality house flipper in Tulsa is a unattainable goal because no one seeks out flipped homes. My buyer didn't know it was a flip until closing...they assumed I lived there previously.

Tulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Company reputation has nothing to do with a flip. The buyer only knows the name of the principal owner. You'll never have a repeat buyer. Working towards being the best quality house flipper in Tulsa is a unattainable goal because no one seeks out flipped homes. My buyer didn't know it was a flip until closing...they assumed I lived there previously.

I guess thats true, the house we just bought was a flip, but I am a Realtor, so knew all about that. Realtors as buyers see things completely different as normal buyers. Although, I will be the flipper, and the Realtor, so I guess I should say, my reputation could be affected, but then again, would the buyer even know that, probably not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom