Any house flippers/ Remodelers on the board? Few Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Short order house flipping. People who do this are the used car salesmen of the housing world, almost as bad as scumbag ambulance chasing attorneys.

I have no problem with people who flip a house by doing the needed repairs and or upgrades correctly and ethically, but most I have ever dealt with are dishonest, flyby night earthsacks who try to cover known problems up and hope that they do not get caught.

Tulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Short order house flipping. People who do this are the used car salesmen of the housing world, almost as bad as scumbag ambulance chasing attorneys.

I have no problem with people who flip a house by doing the needed repairs and or upgrades correctly and ethically, but most I have ever dealt with are dishonest, flyby night earthsacks who try to cover known problems up and hope that they do not get caught.

I have shown many houses that have been flipped by people you speak of. As an agent, you can tell which ones were done wrong, and done right. unfortunately, some cannot see that.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have shown many houses that have been flipped by people you speak of. As an agent, you can tell which ones were done wrong, and done right. unfortunately, some cannot see that.

Thought it was bad in Florida and Washington State until I accepted orders to come back here, and started looking for a house. Took us over three months of looking at new and used homes to find something. Mostly because people were so damned dishonest.

Tulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thought it was bad in Florida and Washington State until I accepted orders to come back here, and started looking for a house. Took us over three months of looking at new and used homes to find something. Mostly because people were so damned dishonest.

Hmm, I rarely see bad ones and run into issues of dishonesty, maybe its more of a BA thing:wink2:

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe it was the market at the time(seven years ago) but we were looking in Jenks, Gelnpool, BA, Tulsa, Owasso, Bixby and Wagoner.

As one example, we were about to close on a house until I took a Retired Seabee buddy of mine to see the house. Turns out that he had been to the same house six months prior to us looking at it, to give an estimate for foundation repair. Showed us a copy of the report he had written for the owner, who had sworn there were no known foundation issues when we ask the first time we saw the house. The house needed 27 piers on the outside, and another 20 for the interior walls and slab. Started calling around and found out that they had contacted just about every foundation repair company in the Tulsa area. Needless to say we confronted the owner who still tried to tell us that there were no known issues.

I know that older homes will need repair and all, but don't try to lie to someone who is thinking about buying a home from you in good faith. Just happened way too many times this last go around.

Tulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe it was the market at the time(seven years ago) but we were looking in Jenks, Gelnpool, BA, Tulsa, Owasso, Bixby and Wagoner.

As one example, we were about to close on a house until I took a Retired Seabee buddy of mine to see the house. Turns out that he had been to the same house six months prior to us looking at it, to give an estimate for foundation repair. Showed us a copy of the report he had written for the owner, who had sworn there were no known foundation issues when we ask the first time we saw the house. The house needed 27 piers on the outside, and another 20 for the interior walls and slab. Started calling around and found out that they had contacted just about every foundation repair company in the Tulsa area. Needless to say we confronted the owner who still tried to tell us that there were no known issues.

I know that older homes will need repair and all, but don't try to lie to someone who is thinking about buying a home from you in good faith. Just happened way too many times this last go around.

Yeah that can happen time to time, did you not do inspections? Was the house listed by a Realtor?

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah that can happen time to time, did you not do inspections? Was the house listed by a Realtor?

Yes, we used AEI out of Tulsa, and Coldwell Banker was the Realtor company. (We decided to give Coldwell Banker the benefit of the doubt, and a second chance when we moved here, and they still tried to screw us over) Never again.

Was introduced to a good inspector with CDR by my Seabee buddy, drove our Realtor nuts because he was very detailed and checked the house from the top down and everything in between.

Tulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So AEI missed the foundation issues? or your buddy saw it before inspections?

Its funny most of the national companies always have the Realtors that have no clue. Not saying all of them, but some. I work for McGraw, I always recommend local companies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom