Any legal off-road access to the Canadian River in Norman???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the latest river victim.
IMG_0776.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the latest river victim.
View attachment 45233

I cross the Arkansas river bridge several times a day. We always see newbs in their 4WD's stuck on sand bars. The Corps of Engineers don't really care either. When its time to run the Hydro at Kaw, they kick it on. Some vehicles have never been found.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cross the Arkansas river bridge several times a day. We always see newbs in their 4WD's stuck on sand bars. The Corps of Engineers don't really care either. When its time to run the Hydro at Kaw, they kick it on. Some vehicles have never been found.
The jeep cherokee owner father in law took a back hoe out there to dig it out. No way at all, I would risk a back hoe for a $2500 jeep cherokee.

I was called to come recover the pick up in top picture, but I was in OKC for a board meeting. Just got home 10 minutes ago, they are still trying to get it out. I ain't headed out for an all nighter.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been on a few of those all nighters helping buddy's get unstuck.

We are all a lot smarter now. :D

I have too. I am apparently the go to guy around here. The one guy who knocked on my door at 4 a.m. one morning during the summer was really close to having it answered with a .45. However I just peeked out a window and watched to see what was happening from the the corner of the house that faces the front door.

The next day he was back asking if I would come recover his vehicle.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I lived down there we would ride our 4wheelers in from the east side of the apartments or the church, both are south at the end of Hwy9 on SW24th Ave. If you google map that area you can see the trails. There also used to be access from HWY9 west, turn North on S Harvey, take a right at the bend and follow it under the bridge to the river. They used to use that to haul sand from the river so I'm not sure if it's still a useable route.

Latest posts

Top Bottom