Any Metal Detectors Out There?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All I've found so far are some pennies from 1970-present and an old Ford key that looks to be from around 1967 or so. I keep reading to go under bleachers or where an old clothesline used to be standing. Under an old clothesline is where i found some pennies.

Jcelt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think under the bleachers would be good but the metal bleachers interfere with my signal. I think you should be able to adjust the sensitivity to eliminate that so it is something I will have to work on. I am hunting the traffic patterns and around the bleachers at the ball parks. I have heard the same thing about clothslines and have found a few coins under the one I hunted.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think under the bleachers would be good but the metal bleachers interfere with my signal. I think you should be able to adjust the sensitivity to eliminate that so it is something I will have to work on. I am hunting the traffic patterns and around the bleachers at the ball parks. I have heard the same thing about clothslines and have found a few coins under the one I hunted.
My White's detector has the capability of turning off the high sensitivity setting which allows me to get right next to metal and still detect objects. They sound different than normal but I have found a lot of good finds next to metal fences and playground equipment. One was a Mercury dime about an inch from a playground pole in Chickasha. One was a large gold ring in Yukon at a school fencerow. One was a Kennedy 76 commemorative 50 cent piece in Loyal next to a metal building.

Using a small sharpshooting coil helps a lot too.

The thing that really amazes me is the unusual finds in the unusual locations.

How does a perfect condition English Two Pound coin end up in a sandlot school playground in Wichita?

images[10].jpg

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Always thought metal detecting would be a great hobby.
Buddy that has one found out that using one on Corps of Engineers property around lakes can turn into an expensive fine. It’s public property but you can’t remove artifacts.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My White's detector has the capability of turning off the high sensitivity setting which allows me to get right next to metal and still detect objects. They sound different than normal but I have found a lot of good finds next to metal fences and playground equipment. One was a Mercury dime about an inch from a playground pole in Chickasha. One was a large gold ring in Yukon at a school fencerow. One was a Kennedy 76 commemorative 50 cent piece in Loyal next to a metal building.

Using a small sharpshooting coil helps a lot too.

The thing that really amazes me is the unusual finds in the unusual locations.

How does a perfect condition English Two Pound coin end up in a sandlot school playground in Wichita?

View attachment 276066
Show and tell maybe? :anyone:

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sounds like a great hobby. Rivers, springs, creeks water supply for people, and livestock seem to me would be good places to find old coins. I have seen some pre Civil War maps of the Arkansas River that had several ports, with lodging, shown, on them along the river in Oklahoma, and Arkansas. I read that Coronado, the Spanish explorer recorded in his journal, that they camped at Sand Springs, OK. a well known sorce of good drinking water, in the 1500's!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sounds like a great hobby. Rivers, springs, creeks water supply for people, and livestock seem to me would be good places to find old coins. I have seen some pre Civil War maps of the Arkansas River that had several ports, with lodging, shown, on them along the river in Oklahoma, and Arkansas. I read that Coronado, the Spanish explorer recorded in his journal, that they camped at Sand Springs, OK. a well known sorce of good drinking water, in the 1500's!
In the park area, just east of the water outlet building on the south end of Olverholser was a pre Fort Reno army encampment. I found a lot of harness buckles, buttons, some brass and horseshoes in the woods next to the park. I had no need for the shoes and no museum wanted them so they went into the trash.

Latest posts

Top Bottom