Any Plans for New Year’s Eve?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was wondering what everyone’s plans are for New Year’s Eve?

This will be the first time in many years I will be home for New Year’s Eve. I am normally at the World Championships this week and the first week of January at Opryland Resort in Nashville.

My wife and I plan on spending it here at the lake in front of the fire under our blankets.
Probably won’t make it until to midnight. Lol

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a big hog that keeps coming in to the feeder just after dark...I may lie in wait and take him out. (I hope!)

Even when I was a stupid drunk I never really got into New Year's celebrations. Used to make 3X my hourly wage on holidays at the glass plant, so I'd pull double shifts and make bank.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't done anything special for New Year's Eve since sometime in the '90s.

I imagine it will be pretty much like any other evening for me other than flinching now and then when someone in the hood fires a gun or sets off fireworks, along with hearing the loud fiesta music from across the street which has become a regular thing lately, especially on holidays.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't done anything special for New Year's Eve since sometime in the '90s.

I imagine it will be pretty much like any other evening for me other than flinching now and then when someone in the hood fires a gun or sets off fireworks, along with hearing the loud fiesta music from across the street which has become a regular thing lately, especially on holidays.

Beats the heck out of the primitive bass-booming and rhyming some of the small-brained hominids blare.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well unfortunately the bass is the only part that I hear and apparently every song has the same bass line.

Maybe not Mariachi music then. Too bad some of the imports seem to be following our example of cultural decay, and mimicking the worst of our "people".

Latest posts

Top Bottom