Any Plans for New Year’s Eve?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, isn’t that Hoppin John some good stuff?! Every since we discovered it, there’s at least a few cans in the cabinet. The cornbread and HJ sounds really good with the weather we’re going to have.
For New Years I make up a pot of Hoppin John, start with soaking dried Blackeye Peas and use onion, garlic, bell pepper, canned tomatoes, Cajun seasoning and chopped up chicken and sausage.
I'm lazy and throw in some rice at the end. Some will cook the rice separate and serve the HJ over top but I only mess up one pot.
I think I posted the recipe on OSA some time back.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well we made it until midnight eastern time, 11:00 here. Gave my wife a kiss and hit the sack. I woke up to 7 text messages wishing me Happy New Year! So I guess I didn’t miss anything.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I was sleeping right through it until someone in the neighborhood starting shooting off shotguns.

Yep. Same. My poor Dawg. He is terrified of thunder and fireworks so New Years is no fun around here. He did okay, though. It didn't last a REAL long time so we were only up a half hour or so.

Latest posts

Top Bottom