any tokarev tt-33 owners here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbolt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just joined the forums and thought I'd say hey... I just have your basic survival kit.( large caliber and small caliber rifles, pistols, and shotguns).
a couple of weeks ago I bought a tokarev tt-33 and 1224 rnds. of ammo just as an impulse buy. this mourning I took it out and put a couple a hundred rnds. through it and wow! I was really surprized at how fun this gun was to shoot. it is louder than my yugo m59/66, very accurate and at about 5 cents per round very economical. "question" are there any tok owners on here and are there any issues with this gun that I need to know about?

mln1963

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been looking at those and CZ52 as well. Right now those have taken a huge increase in price and I'm waiting to see if it's going to mellow out a little.

kbolt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought the tok online at military gun supply for $219.00 but i've noticed they have since gone up to $239.00 you should pick one up asap since the price rarely even goes down on anything. they have 22 left in stock last time i checked, they are in perfect condition. mine showed no signs that it had ever been fired. I got the ammo from aim.com for $119.00, had no problems with either company. I also added a muzzel brake and some walnut grips.
I've seen nothing but good things about said about the tt33. the cz seems to have some problems with broken firing pins and blow-ups. check out millitary gun supply.com they had both last i checked.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Don't forget to clean it after every shooting, and spray something similar to windex down the barrel. That ammo is corrosive. I have the same stuff and shoot it through my CZ52.

mln1963

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there a preferred country of origin for the TT33s? I thought I read there were a few countries building a less stellar gun.

Kbolt your gun looks nice with the add ons. Where did you get them? I was pretty set on getting a CZ52 but I like the looks of your gun. I really think either would need rubber grips as the 7.62x25 packs a wallop.

kbolt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fedor Vasilevich Tokarev developed the TT-33 Pistol for the Soviet Military, But
It is a very close copy of John Browning's 1911 automatic pistol. As for the country of origin, The only negative thing I have seen about any of the toks is the chinese version seems to have a rougher fit and finish. There is a good supply of original replacement parts around. I added a muzzel brake/compensator from www.gunpartswarehouse.com for $35.00 (free shipping) and I just ordered a clip extension from www.buymilsurp.com for $10.00 as far as custom grips go I could'nt find anyone that does them for the tok, so I made my own. The first set I made was a ergonomic style grip with finger grooves and a thumb rest, my second set was the 1911 style grips pictured in my earlier post, Now I am working on a set of rubberized 3/4 wraparound grips, These are a little more complicated but they are coming along.

ltdavel

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I owned a 9mm Tok back in the 90's that was one of those Norinco $150 specials. Mine shot well and fed just about every configuration of 9mm bullet on the market at that time. As I recall the machining was a little rough with visible tool marks on the frame and inside of the slide, but the operating surfaces were nicely done. Mine had a chrome barrel. The grip angle seemed to be a little wrong to me and the gun would point low if I didn't think to correct my grip. The sights were terrible. I think that mine was worth what I paid for it and a year or so later I sold it to a guy who needed a cheap and reliable house gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom