Any Wildcatters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve never created one but I have built a 277 wolverine. Couldn’t buy brass for it do I had to make all mine. Definately not qualified to make my own caliber from scratch,

CanadianRiverRat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a 35 cal using Russian PPC case or 7.62x39 case?
Yep, known as the 9 x 39.
A side note, I'm friends with a fellow who is an accomplished machinist/gunsmith that got screwed by Winchester. Years ago he came up with a midrange cartridge to comply with the Ohio "straight wall" rifle regs for deer. Carefully necking up a .223 to .35 caliber he made a few AR's in what he dubbed the ".357AR". Winchester talked to him about it (made poor offers to buy the trademarked cartridge). Then lo and behold they released the 350 Legend, slight changes to bullet dia. and a few other things to beat the trademark.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there a 35 cal using Russian PPC case or 7.62x39 case?
9x39. It’s more or less the Russian equivalent or 300 blackout or 8.6 blackout. The VSS Vintorez and AS Val shoot it. A few years back wolf imported a lot of the caliber to the states. Krebs made a AK chambered in it. Someone makes a set of dies for it, can’t remember who though.
I haven’t seen much of it recently. I dream of making a bolt gun that shoots it, but the lack of factory ammo kinda puts a kink in it, as I’m not a wildcatter and don’t want to reload just to go plinking at the range. Also the bullet availability makes things difficult.

Latest posts

Top Bottom