Any zippo collectors here???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not too knowledgeable about zippo lighters but in my grandpas things i found a zippo lighter from the USS boston. I think its from 1957 but i could be wrong. Anybody have any idea what its worth??? Strange thing is my grandpa never smoked and wasnt in the navy.
i251.photobucket.com_albums_gg289_ozzman4790_Mobile_20Uploads_Photo1175.jpg

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Easy to determine age. Look on the bottom plate. There is even an iphone ap for aging zippos! I have been collecting lighters since I was 16. I have around 40 zippos. Love them!

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very cool. I have my Dad's old Zippo still new in the box and tissue paper with markings from his AF unit in Germany back in the early 60s

Gunrunner45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a few.

I have one from each ship I was on in the Navy. My USS Enterprise one I had etched while in the Philippines, listing all of the ports of call from that cruise on the back. I have a couple from the USS Coral Sea. One that I carried and used and one that has never been out of the box.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a couple of my grandpa's from Champlin refinery in Enid. One that he carried and used everyday and a couple that are mint in the box. Mine are priceless FWIW.

Latest posts

Top Bottom