Anybody do muzzle crowning?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xSMOKExLESSxCRACKx

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm was of the mind to order an 11 degree crown cutter and pilot from brownell's and do a crown job on my AK.

However, as I'll really only need it once, I'm wondering if I could just take it somewhere and have it done for less $ than buying all the tools for just one job.:idea:

Do any of our local 'smiths do crown work?

Has anyone had it done somewhere and are happy with the work?

xSMOKExLESSxCRACKx

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Probably gonna be tough to get someone to do it on an AK. Most smiths are gonna use a lathe to do it right and taking an AK apart is a job and a half.

Hmmm, crap. That amount of labor would certainly blow the budget compared to just buying the set of hand tools.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the brownell's tool and 222, 224, 243, 264, 284, 308 and 311 pilots. You are welcome to use it - I can just bring it to my shop - and you can stop by and cut your crown.

xSMOKExLESSxCRACKx

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What is wrong with the gun?

Nothing horribly "wrong" with it. Just hoping to squeeze a little more accuracy out of it.

I can spray bullets all over a twelve inch target at 100 yrds w/ the irons while resting elbows on the bench with Golden Tiger ammo.

Sure, its an AK. Sure GT isn't exactly "match" ammo.Sure I'm not a "match" shooter.

But I'd still like to be much more confident in it than i am.

xSMOKExLESSxCRACKx

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have the brownell's tool and 222, 224, 243, 264, 284, 308 and 311 pilots. You are welcome to use it - I can just bring it to my shop - and you can stop by and cut your crown.

Heck yeah! How late are you guys usually there. I may be able to just shoot down after work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom