anybody make any cool home made firearms?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
just wondering what all kinds of home made guns you guys have made. i have made a few different kinds of guns. i got a break open single-shot 12 ga shotgun and a couple other guns i need to finish building someday. i know there was a guy that went by the username of "unknown cat" on youtube that supposedly was from oklahoma and i loved watching his videos. he made a bunch of really cool interesting welded together guns. before 3-d printing was a thing i got into welding and got a welding licence just to be able to make guns someday and the only one i have really got around to making so far was a tig welded semi auto vmac9.

i like to lurk on the weapons guild :)
Hi, I am skyhawk1 on Weapons Guild, been a member for many years. Don't get too offended by some on here, they know not what they speak.

avtomatkalashnikov47

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does a mini cannon count? Shoots some hillbilly cast ~1300 grain slugs.
that counts by me. 1300 grains is pretty big. lol what is that, baseball or pool table ball size? bowling ball size? i thought about making my own cannon, just never could figure out how to get the barrel or make one.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, I don't remember the exact bore diameter but is roughly 3/4 of an inch and we made the slugs about one and a quarter inches long. It was just a bored project one day, I would say it is good for minute of basketball at 100 yards.

The barrel is some very heavy wall chromoly tube and we just used black powder in it.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the slug that we dug out of a tree at about 100 or 150 yards. Obviously this is soft lead but it's still deformed pretty good and lodged itself in the tree so it was carrying pretty decent velocity too.

84465-1379836-660310500680849-2041941079-n.jpg

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I made this canon a few years ago. I machined it from a large pump shaft. 16” barrel. About a 1 5/8” diameter bore. The canon balls were from large bearings. 800 gr. Of Pyrodex was the most I put in it. It had trouble blowing holes in a 8” diameter tree. Good times!

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are stupid enough to build a full-auto gun with the laws we have now, you deserve what you get. But it is perfectly legal to build semi-auto, revolving, lever, and single shot guns according to Federal law if allowed in your state's laws. Does an individual need a license to make a firearm for personal use? | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

You can even build a Gatling gun, legally, so long as you don't motorize it. Hand-crank only.

Bill
"Try manufacturing your own full auto gun, I would bet the ATF pays you a visit"

And, if ANYone asks you to build them a Class 3 gun- or offers to sell you any, or modify one of your firearms into a hand-held ammo hose...it's a safe bet that THEY have already been 'payed a visit' by Entity.gov too. Tell them to go suck a SXS.
Hey; It happens. Just don't let it happen to you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom