Anyone carry a fullsize XD45?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Normally carry a G19 and occassionally a J frame. Got to do a lot of much needed practice this week and discovered that I really like my xd45 tactical. The trigger isn't great but I shoot it very well and like the 45 acp very much. If anyone carries one, what holster do you use or is it just too heavy for every day carry?

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't help with the full size XD but I carry my compact XD in a K&D T-Bird Defender holster. I carry it IWB but have the option of removing the belt clips and using it as an OWB if I want.

mr.theman

Marksman
Reaction score
I carried a full sized XD when I first got my CCL. Carried it in a CrossBreed IWB holster. It just got to where it was to danged heavy so I found myself leaving it at home more and more which is no good. Now I carry a KelTec PF9 easily fits in my front pocket and is a lot more comfortable.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry a xd45c when I am able to wear a vest or long hunting jacket or something. I carried one the whole week down on the Mexican border hunting in early march cause I thought the probability of use was higher. I use a Galco Fletch owb holster. It is too heavy to carry all the time though and usually I use a kel-tec .380.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a Glock 34 or 35 for my EDC and a lot of my buddys are using the G34, and M&P pro for there EDC, so I'm sure you can on the XD45.
A good IWB holster and a good gun belt ( I like Comptac's) and you'll be just fine.

sdalover

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My main carry is a service model xd45 compact. No problem carrying it in a comptac IWB with a good firm belt. I am using a belt from comptac. I also have a crossbreed and it works to but doesn't hold it as close to the body as the comptac does. The service model butt end is about the same as the tactical, but the tactical has an inch longer slide. I think the longer slide would only assist in balancing the weight of the heavy 45 bullets in the butt end.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry the XD45 Tactical Compact in a Crossbreed QwikClip at about 1:30-2:00 depending on the location of belt loops.

When it's holstered, it has the 10rd mag in it. My spares are the 13rd mags with grip extensions.

Saur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Normally carry a G19 and occassionally a J frame. Got to do a lot of much needed practice this week and discovered that I really like my xd45 tactical. The trigger isn't great but I shoot it very well and like the 45 acp very much. If anyone carries one, what holster do you use or is it just too heavy for every day carry?

Howdy, I used to carry a service model xd45, but I now carry a G19. The holster I used to carry my XD45 was a kydex blade-tech holster, preferably with the pull the dot loops, and usually around 2:30ish.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Howdy, I used to carry a service model xd45, but I now carry a G19. The holster I used to carry my XD45 was a kydex blade-tech holster, preferably with the pull the dot loops, and usually around 2:30ish.

Why did you switch? Was the XD too heavy? Too hard to conceal? Uncomfortable?

Latest posts

Top Bottom