Anyone cook Sous Vide style?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We looked at the crockpot method and decided against it because my wife liked the single unit that circulated as well as heated the water, and we gave our original Bluetooth model away and bought a WiFi version of the Anova. My wife can put frozen chicken in the pot with water at the correct level, leave the house and turn it on from her phone when it's time.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We looked at the crockpot method and decided against it because my wife liked the single unit that circulated as well as heated the water, and we gave our original Bluetooth model away and bought a WiFi version of the Anova. My wife can put frozen chicken in the pot with water at the correct level, leave the house and turn it on from her phone when it's time.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

So does the anova unit both heat and circulate the water? Basically; you put the food in a baggie, clip the unit to the side of a pot of water, set your time and temp and then turn it on using your phone and the app? It's really that simple?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Glock_21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So does the anova unit both heat and circulate the water? Basically; you put the food in a baggie, clip the unit to the side of a pot of water, set your time and temp and then turn it on using your phone and the app? It's really that simple?

That's exactly what it does. And it is that simple.

You have to make sure the food stays submerged so it cooks evenly.

Most like to sear afterwards on a hot grill or pan.

You can take a cheap top sirloin, sous vide it for 8 hours or so and it will be nice and tender but not overcooked.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. Looks like I'll be spending $119 too! Wife and I both enjoy cooking, this will be good.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, well you contributed to me wanting a PCC gun. So you got off cheap. :rotflmao:

I had a box on my porch when I got home from the range. Wasn't supposed to be here until tomorrow. So I have a ton of these thin sirloin tip steaks in the freezer, so I grabbed a couple out as I got my bags in. I think it just might work out...

Latest posts

Top Bottom