Anyone else find these people sketchy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanadianRiverRat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had the opposite experience. Most people that have been here awhile seem pretty straightforward.
So far my track record is zero FNG's have messed me over but 3 "established members" have crapped on me.
But then I haven't listed anything to sell, been the buyer each time.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m going to play devils advocate for a moment. When I first joined, I stumbled around this site just trying to figure everything out. Honestly, this was the first internet forum that I ever joined. I didn’t come across the new member introductions until I’d been around for a couple of months. It’s a very easy site to navigate now, but it was a little confusing at first. I know that plenty of scammers try to take advantage of folks on here, and the mods do a great job of keeping it to a minimum. However, sometimes people that might seem suspicious at first are actually just clueless on how to properly use the site.
I’m coming up on 1 year on this site. Actually my first and only Internet forum I’m on. I still stumble around. Have had some interaction with a few people and all has gone well so far. Heck if you can’t do anything right at least you can serve as a bad example.

Mats

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very true and fair point. But in many of the cases I’m thinking of (a dozen or so) I or someone else has led them to the new member intro to start there. Two or three have done it. You’re right that not all are bad apples though. In fact I think when I joined a while back I was encouraged in my email to post to the new member thread.
When I first joined I was more interested in browsing the classifieds, but I posted in the new member thread because of that same welcome email. I ended up getting invited to shoot a local match because of that thread and I've been shooting at it for a year now.

It seems silly at first, but the new member thread is actually quite nice to have.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Swampratt said: Old people start all looking the same to me a bit.

I resemble that and I think I resent it! Heck most the members on OSA swampratt might have a hard time with facial recognition! :)

Perhaps not in my case...

...it seems that an awful lot of the folks here on OSA have either a mustache or beard or both. I have neither. Only once in my life I "attempted" growing a mustache. Shaved it off after about 3 weeks because I got tired of stroking it to try to "train" the way the hairs grew.

hivemind918

Marksman
Reaction score
I’m going to play devils advocate for a moment. When I first joined, I stumbled around this site just trying to figure everything out. Honestly, this was the first internet forum that I ever joined. I didn’t come across the new member introductions until I’d been around for a couple of months. It’s a very easy site to navigate now, but it was a little confusing at first. I know that plenty of scammers try to take advantage of folks on here, and the mods do a great job of keeping it to a minimum. However, sometimes people that might seem suspicious at first are actually just clueless on how to properly use the site.
I am currently in that boat of trying to figure out how to navigate the site, and its forums. I commented on a classifieds post I was interested in because I didnt know why I was unable to send a PM, and have a feeling I came across as being sketchy or a scammer when that is the last thing I want to be mistaken for. I am trying to get it all figured out, as well as meet the requirements for sending PM's, but I definitely feel like a dumb@ss for not knowing how it all works yet.

hivemind918

Marksman
Reaction score
Everywhere you look people have their heads buried in their phones. I'm on mine way too much as well. This week my goal is to read an actual book and start a leather working hobby. Saw the movie Killers of the Flower Moon and gonna read the book. May drive up to Pawhuska area Tuesday.
you should swing through Fairfax. thats where most of the events actually took place

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I am currently in that boat of trying to figure out how to navigate the site, and its forums. I commented on a classifieds post I was interested in because I didnt know why I was unable to send a PM, and have a feeling I came across as being sketchy or a scammer when that is the last thing I want to be mistaken for. I am trying to get it all figured out, as well as meet the requirements for sending PM's, but I definitely feel like a dumb@ss for not knowing how it all works yet.
Did you read through all the rules and guidelines when you joined? I think most don't. Heck I'm sure we have long time members that haven't. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom