Anyone else get tired of waiting on Magpul? What about B5 SOPMOD stocks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would really like to try the STR stock out, but they released the ACS-L first........what were they thinking? I have to say that Magpul is the kings of hurry up and wait, almost like they are tied in with Kel-Tec.

Saying that, anyone tried the B5 Sopmod stocks out yet?

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had the Emod and a few Vltors in the past and they were ok but lock-up left too much rattle for me. I had a SOPMOD that was a vetern that was loose too. The CTR locks up nice and tight, as does several other Magpul models but they are heavy for what I am wanting. Thus I want to try the STR but no one has any right now, not even Brownells when I called.

Reason I am asking about the B5 SOPMOD is I hear it is very tight, and if it is then I will just go that way because I want the check weld without loosing whiskers. I guess I can keep using the Colt stock but who can leave stuff alone.......

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had the Emod and a few Vltors in the past and they were ok but lock-up left too much rattle for me. I had a SOPMOD that was a vetern that was loose too. The CTR locks up nice and tight, as does several other Magpul models but they are heavy for what I am wanting. Thus I want to try the STR but no one has any right now, not even Brownells when I called.

Reason I am asking about the B5 SOPMOD is I hear it is very tight, and if it is then I will just go that way because I want the check weld without loosing whiskers. I guess I can keep using the Colt stock but who can leave stuff alone.......

Were your VLTOR stocks on VLTOR buffer tubes? The fit between the VLTOR stocks and their tubes is probably the tightest I've ever seen on an AR stock.

mblaney

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reason I am asking about the B5 SOPMOD is I hear it is very tight, and if it is then I will just go that way because
I want the check weld without loosing whiskers. I guess I can keep using the Colt stock but who can leave stuff alone.......

My B5 is not as tight as the CTR. Some people say they are tight and some loose. You will just have to try one on your particular extension.

Latest posts

Top Bottom