anyone fish Wes Watkins or Shawnee Twin Lakes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waffles

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I finally got me another boat and I am ready to start doing me some fishing. I never really fished my local lakes before. I always went to other lakes. I now live about a mile from Wes Watkins so I figure I better learn the lake and try to catch some fish. Anybody fish either Watkins or Twin lakes?

waffles

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Oklahomabassin! Ya bud it has been a very long time. Just been so busy with work. We need to catch up soon. Maybe over a few cold ones and wetting some lines.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tore them up when they were running. Probably had about 30 landed, with plenty of misses, using a white/silver 1/8 rooster tail. I haven't ever taken my boat out there due to the number of stumps and not having a fish finder.

DFX

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Crappie and Sand bass at Wes Watkins during the summer. Bass fishing is usually slow. Gotta find the right holes.
Shawnee Twin lakes occasionally bass but find the right holes and there is some catfishing.

DFX

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The first point west of the south end of the dam. I've picked them up trolling deep diving plugs.
For crappie go east of the south launching ramp about 100 yds. There is a strip of brushy shoreline running East to West.
Lots of brush on bottom. Crappie should be there just above the brush about 20 feet deep.
Last trip I went thru 3 doz minnows.
As soon as I get boat fixed if you spot a guy flycasting the shorelines it's probably me.

waffles

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I am going to try out Wes Watkins. Been skunked twice at Twin Lakes and to top it off I lost a $600 rod and reel last night. Ugh.fishing it's kicking my butt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom