Anyone have a good beef jerky recipe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or to be more specific, a good one you would be willing to share? I just procured a dehydrator, and have access to copious amounts of quality beef. Now the only thing missing is a recipe.

I know I could go buy a bag of seasoning at Bass Pro or somewhere, but would prefer a more "handcrafted" recipe. I have this cross-posted in GD, but on a recommendation decided to put it here to hopefully get some more responses. Any help will be appreciated!

j0sh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got me one last month and I have tried a few different ones and so far I have been loving this one. I have been added some extra pepper after I have the slices placed on the trays.

Here it is, for 2 pounds of sliced meat:

2/3 cup worcestershire sauce
2/3 cup soy sauce
2 tbls molasses
2 tbls brown sugar
1 tbls honey
2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp liquid smoke
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes

Mix all ingredients, and marinate the meat in it in a 1 gallon ziploc for 12 hours. Be sure to "massage" the bag every few hours to redistribute the marinade around the meat. If any of parts of your meat are still pink, the marinade didn't contact it, so "massage" the bag some more and check again in a few hours.

For 1/4" thick slices, expect to dehydrate about 6 hours at 160 degrees.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This one is my favorite I have found, I use venison but I'm sure beef will work as well.

8 lbs meat
3 ts salt
2 ts pepper
2 ts chili powder
2 ts garlic powder
2 ts onion powder
1 ts cayenne pepper
2 ts liquid smoke
1/2 cup water
1/3 soy sauce (plus a little more)
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce

Marinate 12 hours, dehydrate until done. This is not a sweet jerky, I'm not a fan of those much. This is a spicy, but not hot, jerky. Once I lay meat out on trays, I give it an additional shake of course ground black pepper and kinda smash it in. I like my jerky thick, it usually takes 10-12 hours to dry. Closest commercial brand I could compare it to is Hard Times.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is an easy one..Claudes brisket marinade and a spoon full of red pepper flakes if you want spicy.
soak overnight and drain meat and install into your dehydrator..

Latest posts

Top Bottom