Anyone have any experience with the DPMS Sportical?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're looking for cheap/reliable with no sights, then the Stag 3H upper is $465 (with Bolt Carrier Group and charging handle) and Stag's tactical lower is $290.

That's $755 and no 10% excise tax (just don't order them at the same time :thumb: ) for the same rifle only with a dust-cover and forward assist (and a chrome-lined chamber/bore).

Barrel steel is basically the same that DPMS uses (I don't know for sure about the sportical, but they use 4140 on their M4geries just like Stag does). The DPMS Sportical is a skinny barrel, where as the Stag is an M4 profile.

Both are chambered in 5.56x45mm, 1/9 twist, and neither will give you M4 Feedramps.

The Stag will get you a Mil-spec diameter buffer tube, where as the DPMS will give you a commercial diameter tube.

zodiii

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been reading a lot more, and doing some research. I think i'm starting to figure out what I actually want.

About the only thing I have picked out so far is a Spike's Tactical Stripped Lower. Not too sure beyond that, I keep looking at BCM, but they are going to throw my price a bit high, especially considering I am working on a budget here.

I'm about to go look at that Stag 3H and dig through Del-Ton and M&A again. I've been reading around, and it seems the M&A vs. Del-Ton battle is too crazy to figure out. Heck, I may just end up doing everything thru Spike's.

okieboomer1

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have run ~ 1000 rds. through an AP4 panther, and it has performed flawlesly. It is a very accurate rifle; with, and without optics. I would feel safe making a purchase from DPMS.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like the DPMS line of rifles but get one with the iron sights on it. They have a lot of AR's with sights on them for around $900. I'm in the same boat, saving up for an AR (or paying down the credit card enough whichever comes first lol). but IMO you will be happier that you spent the extra money and got one with sights. Iron sights are not that hard to use once you get your front sight post set.

Latest posts

Top Bottom