Anyone have Cameras out yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the rechargeable battery I use along with the solar panel with internal battery.
Keep your automatic deer feeders up and running with Moultrie’s rechargeable 6-volt safety batteries.
Keep you from having to go in to your feeder area so much just to replace batteries.
The combination has worked out well for me.

Features:
■ Sealed lead-acid battery
■ Prevents short-circuiting
■ Saves time and money
■ Safe for outdoor use
■ Compatible with any 6-volt feeder
$17.99
https://www.moultriefeeders.com/6-volt-rechargeable-safety-battery
View attachment 121600

Same here. I've not bought a battery in years once going to a off season price on some solar panels and rechargeable batteries.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Would anyone have a suggestion for a decent game camera that isn't outrageously expensive to look for? I have a friend that lets me hunt on his property, but I've never ventured so far as to put any cameras or feeders out. I was thinking about trying it out this year though.

If you have a sams card or know someone who does you can get a stealth cam with batteries and an sd card for ~90 bucks or sometimes you can get a two back for ~140 dollars. They are all I use excellent battery life good quality images. The battery life is what I value most. I can get three to four months on average out of mine. On three shot burst longer on single picture mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have a sams card or know someone who does you can get a stealth cam with batteries and an sd card for ~90 bucks or sometimes you can get a two back for ~140 dollars. They are all I use excellent battery life good quality images. The battery life is what I value most. I can get three to four months on average out of mine. On three shot burst longer on single picture mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are these the ones that you are taking about?
http://bit.ly/2LuuydX

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been a fan of Bushnell for the last 8 years or so. Cameras stay out year around and using the Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries, I don't worry about leaky batteries like alkaline or cold weather making cameras go dormant. We have started carrying a voltage meter in our camera bag and when a camera goes "offline" due to low batteries, we often find one that has dropped down to 1.0 voltage or less. Swap it out and the camera is back online. Sometimes we just pull all batteries and swap for speed in the field and then test the batteries and dispose of the bad ones. Others go in the bagto swap next time. Generally we see 4-6 months use from the batteries unless using the video feature.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I checked my 3 of 4 non cellular cameras today and got a really nice surprise. In 20 years of using trail cams, this is my first time to get a picture of a buck with a drop tine.

Attachments

• 38D7ABA9-3E2E-487D-A343-4F7D16E6DF37.jpeg
    38D7ABA9-3E2E-487D-A343-4F7D16E6DF37.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 184
  • CEC124F8-4F4F-4416-9F33-F665BC0D74B8.jpeg
    CEC124F8-4F4F-4416-9F33-F665BC0D74B8.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 166
  • 421299C6-4140-4FA6-AEBA-9611050A095A.jpeg
    421299C6-4140-4FA6-AEBA-9611050A095A.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 168

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I checked my 3 of 4 non cellular cameras today and got a really nice surprise. In 20 years of using trail cams, this is my first time to get a picture of a buck with a drop tine.
They seem to be more prevalent in our general area. I've killed two with drop tines in the last 5 years or so. None in the last 30. One with double drops. The double drop was a mercy killing. Young buck that had either been hit on the road or beat up by a bigger buck in a fight.
He came walking by stumbling, and falling down. Watched him coming for a long way. Each part of his falling spent longer times on the ground, so I finished the deal even though he was a young deer that would have got a pass any other year. The meat was all bruised, and red. Processor said he wouldn't process it because of all the hemorrhaging and wouldn't produce any usable meat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom