Anyone have one of those nice army tents?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a nice big coleman tent, but we are going to Robber's Cave in the middle of the summer and I would like to find a thicker army type tent that i can either rent or buy from someone and use my portable A/C inside of. The tent we have is very thin and doesn't keep the cool air in. That time of year with my young children I would be able to keep them much more comfortable with something thicker. If anyone has any ideas on where to get one that doesn't cost $1,000 or wouldn't mind renting it a non smoking family of four for a weekend, please let me know! Thanks! I would be willing to pay cash or hook you up with something from Best Buy in return....

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one. I think it was called a Bakers tent. "I may be wrong". I donated it to the Boy Scouts, but I bought it from the surplus store in Okarche. It was a long time ago, but you might see if they still sell them.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We called them GP tents in the Marine Corps. Do a google on GP Tent, find the NSN, and then look online to see how much they go for. My guess is $600 used.

Latest posts

Top Bottom