anyone hear of North America Insurance Restoration?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TAR HEEL

Hi there... long time reader, first time to register and log in. (ive bought several guns from the classifieds though)

I was also doing research on this company, after having someone knock on my door and offer me a "free roof". turns out they are not as legit as they want you to believe.

First of all, they do not show a roofing license or registration with the Oklahoma construction industries board:

http://www.ok.gov/cib/documents/Roofing Registration Applicants By Business Name.pdf

Second, they also portray that they are "GAF Master Elite Weather Stopper Contractors"... which if you look on GAF's website, they clearly are NOT.

www.GAF.com

Third, they also claim to be a NRCA member, using their logo all over their website.... which again, 5 seconds of searching, shows that they are NOT:

http://www.nrca.net/consumer/find

Last, their website listed shows it was registered and created this summer. Its a brand new company, that doesnt carry the proper licensing to roof in Oklahoma, and I doubt has the proper insurances either.

www. Oklahomahails.com : Record created on 23-Jun-2011.

In my opinion, even if someone has fancy trucks, billboards, TV Commercials, and logos sewn onto their polo shirts, that does NOT make them a legit roofer. Personally, I think hiring someone who has been in business here in town for a long period of time, with lots of references, and completed roofs that you can drive by and actually see them, maybe even talk to the home owners... is for SURE the best idea.

It may not seem like as big of a deal to some people, but if I were spending thousands (sometimes tens of thousands) on something that covers the most important investment that you can make... I think that it should be a well educated decision. Not just based on the first guy who knocks on your door and says "Hi, I'm Joe, and I can put a free roof on your house!"

BBB, Angies list, Google reviews, and simply asking friends, family, and co-workers, are also good places to find reliable contractors.

I know its a long time after you posted this... but still hope it helps someone.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As long as they are using illegal aliens to perform the actual labor I bet JB would certify them as legit. Just try to rmember it's not the quality that matters, it's the price. Since illegal aliens can always undercut the labor price that real, live American's can offer that's who you should go with. It's just the way we do things in Oklahoma.

Latest posts

Top Bottom