Anyone hiring temporarily?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't normally like throwing my personal life out on the Internet like this, but I'm in need and thought I'd give it a shot here.

I got laid off a while back, and then got a call a month or so ago from a manager at my former company and they wanted to hire me back. Long story short, there was a 4th Quarter delay, then another delay, and I just got word that yet another delay is going to push my hire date back to the end of November. That means that I probably won't get a check until mid-December, and while my finances will hold out, I'd rather not get that close to the holidays on just unemployment and debt. As much as I hate that the company is doing me like this, its good money and I need a job badly enough that I'm in the category of beggar and not a chooser.

I sort of kick myself, because I had the opportunity to take a couple of gigs in TX, but blew them off when I thought I had a job locally with my soon-to-be-employer (I even got an offer letter stating one of my hire-dates that has now been pushed back).

Since I have a job coming, I'm looking for something to get me by before then and not necessarily anything permanent. I've done IT stuff (most recently IT Security with incident response and computer crime investigations including legal and forensics). I've managed people, worked hands-on with clients in situation management and sales (apparently I clean up nice - I own several suits, and have a knack for handling myself in high-stress situations with important people - oh, and I speak very well for someone from Morris, OK), so I can do the management thing as well as client-interface work.

I'll be honest though, part of me longs to dig ditches or sling a hammer or something non-technical (feeling a lot like Peter from Office Space lately) so I'm not necessarily picky.

I've got a couple of leads on some possible temporary stuff locally (Okmulgee area), but if I find something better, I'd probably jump on it as I'm looking to work as soon as possible.

I'm a hard worker, very motivated, and self-sufficient. I'm an extremely fast learner and I can work with people of all personalities.

If you know of anything, please shoot a PM my way. I'd appreciate it greatly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom