Anyone know a trustworthy FFL to transfer to?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear Sgt. Everett's South of Moore does not charge very much, Central Oklahoma Gun Sales in Norman does not charge very much, Union Gun Sales in Moore I hear they do transfer's all the time, R&S Gun service in Moore does transfer's. Almost all the pawn shops will do transfer's for almost nothing. Big Boys Guns does not charge very much. There are several kitchen Table FFL's that would love to do your transfer, try them they really need the business, and your support so that they can tell the ATF that they have their FFL for a business and it is not a hobby, help them out because they will be the first to go if our present adminastration decides to do what Clintons adminstration did.

As for me, I charge $30. per 4473, if you can get 5 weapons on one 4475, it is still $30 per 4473. Some business have a lot of time on their hands, because they do not have that many customers and need all the help they can get when it comes getting customers into their shop. If it is done right, yes it does take time, and it is important that the customer trusts the FFL that they have their weapon sent to. If that FFL thinks that it is no big deal, and treats his record keeping that way, and treats the security of your weapon that way, that FFL will not have his license very long, because the ATF looks at transfering a weapon as a big deal, and record keeping, as a very big deal. Those that have been FFLs for any length of time or have experianced a ATF audit will tell you this too. The FFL can be fined or loose their license or both if the ATF feels that after your audit you felt like it was no big deal, and did not have accurate records. The checking and rechecking is normal for any FFL that wants to keep their license.

You see gun stores and kitchen table dealers come and go, guess why most of them are not FFL's any more.

It takes more than a FFL just to glance down and make sure he wrote down the numbers correctly, if it is done right.

My point is yes, it is a very big deal. And for some cheep or for nothing is the way to go. And I want all FFL's to keep their business and license. But for others, when you purchase an expensive Colt, and you are having it transfered in, one thing you do not want is for that Colt to be lost because of security problems or for the paper work to be wrong and come to find out later that the FFL goes out of business and has to turn in all his 4473's and the one that had to do with your transfer was done wrong, and you now have problems with the ATF paper work, that you paid a low trasfer fee or no transfer fee for because the FFL did not take the time to check and recheck and make sure it was all correct, because for him it was no big deal.

Last edited:

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure it's a big deal making sure the paperwork is correct, but when you do 10-15 background checks a day and have them signed off by two other employees it becomes routine and extremely convienent for the customer. We do them for $10 up to 5 guns, and $1 per each additional gun. We're a busy, established store and we just don't see the need to overcharge people for such a simple service.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We're as trustworthy as they come. We never open the package until you're in the shop to inspect for damage,

I'm not trying to bust your butt or anything but..... You ya know that your supposed to enter received firearms into your bound book by the close of the following business day right?

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not trying to bust your butt or anything but..... You ya know that your supposed to enter received firearms into your bound book by the close of the following business day right?

When we send out our FFL license we ask to have a packing slip on the outside of the box including all firearms information. When the customer is in the store we match the packing slip with the actual firearms. If it's not sent correctly of course we'd have to open the box to bring them into our gun log.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When we send out our FFL license we ask to have a packing slip on the outside of the box including all firearms information. When the customer is in the store we match the packing slip with the actual firearms. If it's not sent correctly of course we'd have to open the box to bring them into our gun log.

Sorry but your still doing it wrong.... I'm pretty darn sure your supposed to do a visual. I'll look up the the morning

Latest posts

Top Bottom