Anyone know any info on this old double

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Dirt Rider

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad gave me this double barrel 12gauge. It belonged to my grandfather. My dad didn't know much about it only that they used it on the farm to tighten barbed wire (using it as a pry bar) back in the 60's. He thanks it was old then too. It is still straight and in working order. Anyone know about this gun? It only says "Royal Gun Works" on the side and is made in Belgium. Thanks
ai296.photobucket.com_albums_mm173_DirtToad_100_1425.jpg

ai296.photobucket.com_albums_mm173_DirtToad_100_1426.jpg

rw1341

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I Googled "Royal Gun Works Belgium" and found several hits on your shotgun. You might try starting there. Looks like most of those guns were made from the late 1800's through 1957 and don't bring a high value. Hope this helps.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like Damascus barrels. That steel is beautiful and makes a classy wallhanger.

Definitely Damascus barrels, and not always unsafe to fire, BUT, the gun must be sent to a proof house, and tested. Bad news is that there are no proof houses in the US. Only in Britain. They have lots of the old guns that are still proofed.
Lot of these were what were called hardware store guns. In my youth, every hardware store had a gun rack with different types of guns on display. Sadly, those times are past

Latest posts

Top Bottom