Anyone know anything about Nissans?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
nissan's are not great cars ,but they usually arent all that bad,sometimes they have a electrical problem which can be attributed to they way they paint the vehicle and then install wiring ,ground screws through the paint, not always getting a good ground...FYI i read online that nissan's are the most popular car in Japan..probbally because of the name..

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FYI i read online that nissan's are the most popular car in Japan..probbally because of the name..
I googled most popular car in Japan.

It was not a Nissan.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/348427/car-sales-in-japan-by-brand/
Toyota tops sales and has for many years.

The Yaris, previously sold as the Vitz in Japan, was the best-selling car model in Japan in 2022, 2021, and 2020. It was also the sales leader every calendar month of 2023. The evergreen Toyota Corolla was the second most popular car model in Japan in 2023 for the second consecutive year.Jan 11, 2024

For 2002 the Corolla was toppled in it reign as king.

Japan 2002: Honda Fit interrupts 33-year long Corolla domination! 2002 is a historical year: for the first time in 34 years, the Toyota Corolla is not the best selling car in Japan! The car responsible for this extraordinary event is the Honda Fit.Jan 21, 2003

CZFan

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother bought his wife a new Pathfinder with a cvt transmission. He had to have the transmission changed 3 times before 80000 miles. Fortunately the warranty covered each swap. He traded it off before the warranty expired.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a Nissan Sentra for $10,000 that was two years old with 15K miles on it. Premium model with fancy stereo, and power everything. 115K miles on it when sold with zero repairs during ownership.
Used it as a daily driver on a 36 mile a day round trip commute. Sold it to an OSA member that is inactive currently sight unseen about 4 years ago. Talked to him last fall. He said it is still rolling down the road trouble free. 4 cylinder auto trans. Got 36mpg on the highway if I did my part.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buy American or walk!
Ok… I’ll say this again: who’s mystery account is this?

Mr fudd… to me, you are quite suspicious… possibly an imposter, hiding behind a disguise. Fake account. Perhaps.

On the other hand… Maybe you legitimately are a new member. If that is the case, I sure don’t want to make you feel unwelcome.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have bounced back and forth between Nissan and Toyota vehicles. Toyota P/U, 2012 Nissan Pathfinder, 2018 Toyota Highlander and now 2024 Nissan Pathfinder. I prefer Toyota myself but wife loves the Nissan's. Her biggest gripe was the Toyota's didn't have the acceleration of the Nissan's. Toyota going with a 4 cylinder in the new Highlander's didn't help me any this last go round.
With proper maintenance we have had zero issues with all of them. But we only keep them to about 150k miles before selling and purchasing new. The wife like me is on 24 hr call so I want her in something reliable because I may be in BFE when those issues arise.
I gave up on so called American made cars years ago when the Chevy Acadia's transmission went out 2k miles out of warranty. And a Chevy Equinox went to using oil like drunk on a alcohol binge at 12k out of warranty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom