Anyone PMP certified or studying to for the PMP test?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone studying or PMP certified that can share some study notes, or study tips, etc? I have my test on Sunday and I have been studying since April, and studying the past two weeks like 10 hrs a day. I am honestly pretty nervous about the test.

Cowboy2000

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I took it and passed in 2006. The only hints I can give you is lots of scenario questions. There were lots of ethics questions than I expected. Good luck.

Cowboy2000

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Boot camp didn't help me all that much. I studied out of a prep book, can't remember the author, for a few weeks. That helped me more than boot camp.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
boot camp.

That's the right answer. When I did mine, I decided to go solo and was doing so just after a co-worker had done a boot camp. I figured that I was a pretty smart guy and could do it on my own. I spent my time reading the PMBOK and felt pretty prepared.

A week before my test, I met with my coworker and she brought her boot camp 'cheat sheets'. It turns out that I was totally unprepared. She strongly advised me to quit studying what I'd been studying and just memorize her study guide. She said that her test aligned closely with the material on her test. When I took my test, I found the same thing. Had I not had that boot camp prep material from my friend, I'd have failed the thing. (Which is discouraging, given my managment degree and a couple decades of management experience.) The moral? Study what your class said to study and memorized what they told you to memorize.

One last comment. The PMP test is not about your accrued knowledge nor is it about how to manage. It is solely about memorizing the standard and repeating it back exactly. Repeat: the test is about your memorization of their standard. They want to know if you've memorized their terms and how they define them. In that, they make the entire thing ridiculous. One would think that a PMP certification means that you've been trained in 'best practice' project management. In essence, it means that you have memorized their standard and that's all.

Study your boot camp cheat sheet and you'll do fine. That's my two cents. Your mileage may vary.

Latest posts

Top Bottom