Anyone remember the price of 4x8x.5 OSB pre-covid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am building longer shackles for the 57 today as I have jacked up the rear too far and the shackle flips on me when I hit a good bump.

Then I get a solid axle situation.
I can't believe they made these old cars sit so low.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just looked at Lowes and it was about $50 a sheet. Just trying to decide about a small project I need to do and whether to put it off for another year and see if the price comes down some.
A picking buddy came up with a plan to move closer to town, on a paved road. He bought the land, did a lot of clearing and fence building, built a nice shop building with a part heated, and cooled, with a bathroom, shower, and washer dryer connections. All this took a couple or three years. He sold his farm for a good price, and they planned on living in their RV, and this shop building while there new house was being built! All this crazy inflation on building material happened at jusxt the wrong time for them, and now it going to cost much more than planned to build a new house! This was a good plan, and who would have guessed something this crazy would happen. Now they have to live in an RV and hope building material goes back down, or build a smaller home for the same price they planned on spending on a much bigger one? I still don't know what caused this, do YOU?

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just looked at Lowes and it was about $50 a sheet. Just trying to decide about a small project I need to do and whether to put it off for another year and see if the price comes down some.
Last I bought, late 2019, was $7.97 at HD in MWC. Won't be buying any any time soon. Trying to figure out how to make Terra Cotta clay tiles out of red dirt...

Bill

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A picking buddy came up with a plan to move closer to town, on a paved road. He bought the land, did a lot of clearing and fence building, built a nice shop building with a part heated, and cooled, with a bathroom, shower, and washer dryer connections. All this took a couple or three years. He sold his farm for a good price, and they planned on living in their RV, and this shop building while there new house was being built! All this crazy inflation on building material happened at jusxt the wrong time for them, and now it going to cost much more than planned to build a new house! This was a good plan, and who would have guessed something this crazy would happen. Now they have to live in an RV and hope building material goes back down, or build a smaller home for the same price they planned on spending on a much bigger one? I still don't know what caused this, do YOU?
$20 trillion in new national debt. And our great great great grandkids will still be dealing with it when we're all dust. And cussing us...

Bill

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this, $16-22 during hurricanes and was on alottment
I built a house to sell in ‘19 and we paid 8 bucks. I bought a house full of it, and not from HD or Lowe’s.

The one we just built, we had $3000 of Cornish stolen out of the garage in mid ‘21. My partner said the guy would probably sell it for around a grand or $1500, and I said “hell, I’d pay him $1500 if he’d just bring it back, cause it’s gonna cost us 3 grand to replace it”. Rotten bastards.

Latest posts

Top Bottom