App to see kids texts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have as many filters as I can on my sons iPhone and so far I have never seen him do anything he shouldn’t. He is a pretty good kid but I still ain’t letting my guard down. I don’t know if this is possible but does anyone know of an app that will allow me to see all my sons text messages? Like when he gets a text I get it or if he sends one I get that too. Right now he can delete text messages so if there is something he doesn’t want me to see he can just delete it. Unless there is a way to block him from doing that. He can’t access certain things on his phone and can only browse certain websites. I check his phone a lot but I would like to be able to monitor it from mine. Thanks.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m glad we didn’t have cell phones back in my day and that my dad wasn’t like this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Found this one called Bark that tracks just about everything including social media. Their website says it's helped stop 10,000 dangerous activities and even 16 school shootings if you can believe it.

9 bucks a month, annual alternative payment for discount. Has a one week free trial. Before you go for it just know that it doesn't let you read everything. It flags things it thinks are of interest to you. Definitely call them or try to find genuine reviews before buying.

https://www.bark.us
Or app store

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Found this one called Bark that tracks just about everything including social media. Their website says it's helped stop 10,000 dangerous activities and even 16 school shootings if you can believe it.

9 bucks a month, annual alternative payment for discount. Has a one week free trial. Before you go for it just know that it doesn't let you read everything. It flags things it thinks are of interest to you. Definitely call them or try to find genuine reviews before buying.

Or app store

It's over $100 a year and THEY decide what I should be concerned about??? F that, man...

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Or app store

Bark is pretty useless against kids with more than a few brain cells and doesn't give you real time monitoring.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If this app exists (which I don't doubt), I would be highly suspicious of it for its potential for abuse. An abusive s/o might put it on their other half's phone without their knowledge and make it harder for that person to seek help.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
If this app exists (which I don't doubt), I would be highly suspicious of it for its potential for abuse. An abusive s/o might put it on their other half's phone without their knowledge and make it harder for that person to seek help.

Absolutely right. Which is why adults have the right (and responsibility) to keep their information private.

My 13 y/o son doesn't. ;)

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Absolutely right. Which is why adults have the right (and responsibility) to keep their information private.

My 13 y/o son doesn't. ;)

IMO if you have to put an app on the phone to protect your kids, then maybe they are not ready yet for a smart phone. This has been my biggest pet peeve with kids today. I see kids walking around with smart phones when they are 5 and up. Basically you give them a tool that can access anything on the internet in a very portable system so you are not able to fully monitor their activity. It was bad enough when kids would be unsupervised on their parents computers.

Honestly, before the age of 15 I see no reason a kid should have a smart phone. Maybe a flip phone that can send and receive texts and calls, but the rest? Again, just my own opinion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom