Apple Mac running MS Office or a PC/MS based Laptop?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mac with Office, PC/MS Laptop, Other

• Mac running office is the heat

Votes: 28 65.1%
  • PCs will always rule

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Other

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My bride is getting ready to reinvent herself and go back to school at 38.

She's getting a new laptop for web research/coursework and report writing and is hung up on getting a Mac running MS Office.

Anyone have experience running MS Office on a Mac? Worth it or save $$ and just get a PC/MS based laptop?

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We are looking at Mac's now. I have talked to several people in out IT dept. and they all tell me Mac is the way to go. There are some programs that will not work on mac but now you can even install windows on them with no issues.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not anti Mac by any means, but you can pick up a PC for less money and do everything a college student will need to do. Unless you have a specific Mac app you need to run, or money is no object, stick with the PC for this application.

Just to clarify, I'm an IT guy professionally.

Last edited:

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
tran said:
We are looking at Mac's now. I have talked to several people in out IT dept. and they all tell me Mac is the way to go. There are some programs that will not work on mac but now you can even install windows on them with no issues.

Which IT department is that? Pier One Imports?

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I lesson to the guy in that field. I am not a computer junkie but these people take care of several thousand computers along with all the servers and stuff like that. I will take their word over some Jake leg on the internet.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On an awesomeness per cost perspective, both are equal. If you're willing to tweak a PC down the line, then go for it. If you aren't too tech-savvy go with a Mac. It (should) run flawlessly for 5+ years. Macs are cool and super smooth. While PCs are buggy but waaayyy cheaper and there's more competition between manufacturers. If going PC, i would buy a $600 to $700 Toshiba or HP.

Latest posts

Top Bottom