Apple Mac running MS Office or a PC/MS based Laptop?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mac with Office, PC/MS Laptop, Other

• Mac running office is the heat

Votes: 28 65.1%
  • PCs will always rule

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Other

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CraigA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go with the Mac. Less user error and if she has an I phone it will be easy for her. ALso the Student edition of office should be cheaper especially if you get it preloaded on the mac when you order it from apple. I run office on both and I haven't had any issues with office on the mac

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
should I get a 1911 style .45 or a glock type pistol in 9mm?

LOL, yeah almost.

Actually really interested in personal experiences with Mac running Office instead of the Mac Vs. PC thing. But in the end she's going to get what she wants.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
should I get a 1911 style .45 or a glock type pistol in 9mm?

Which is which? I'd think the Mac would be more like a SIG. It's a little different with that double action/single action pull but is beautiful and runs like a top. The PC, I would think, would be more like a Jennings. Cheap and you'll always be working on it. LOL!

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, yeah almost.

Actually really interested in personal experiences with Mac running Office instead of the Mac Vs. PC thing. But in the end she's going to get what she wants.

My wife ran a Mac with Office while she was in law school and the only issue she had was occasionally, depending on what format she saved in, the person she sent it to couldn't open it. That was easily remedied by asking the person what they were using and she could resave as whatever was needed and it worked fine.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, yeah almost.

Yeah, it's amazing how quickly a topic like this can so quickly get away from the INCREDIBLY OBVIOUS question you were ACTUALLY asking isn't it? I downloaded a full version copy of Office 11 (I think) for mac and it works equally well on my wife's early 2008 MacBook and my late 2011 MacBook Air, I am in the oilfield and use my laptop quite often to compose reports and documentation and have yet to see one that was not usable on anyone's PC who received them...

Latest posts

Top Bottom