Ar bolt carrier group

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philipxhuff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm building an ar and down to the bolt carrier group for the final part I need to buy. I've put it off because I'm not sure what to go with. Should I look for a used one or just buy the cheapest new one I can find or spend a little extra on a chrome or titanium one? I've never had an ar before so havnt had experience with what breaks down or not. I'm building my ar for target/long range shooting. Not any close quarter stuff. Thanks for the inputs

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buy new. they run $125-150 depending on brand unless your wanting something fancy. most people want $100-125 for used. spend the extra few bucks and get new.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You want a carrier that has chrome lining and a properly staked carrier key. You want a bolt that has an upgraded extractor (or buy an upgrade kit from Bravo Co. Mfg. for $5).

There's no need for a titanium or all hard chromed carrier. If it were me, I'd just go to Bravo Co. and order a bolt carrier group. You'll be sure to get a quality product that will last without breaking the bank.

bcox

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You want a carrier that has chrome lining and a properly staked carrier key. You want a bolt that has an upgraded extractor (or buy an upgrade kit from Bravo Co. Mfg. for $5).

There's no need for a titanium or all hard chromed carrier. If it were me, I'd just go to Bravo Co. and order a bolt carrier group. You'll be sure to get a quality product that will last without breaking the bank.

word!

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This.

Latest posts

Top Bottom