AR15 s used chiefly by drug dealers okc police chief says

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil_OKC

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This article and the one below it "Military-style guns are more deadly with same bullets" have really pissed me off this morning. I'm in the middle of working up an email to the Oklahoman right now over it and I suggest that everyone contact them at [email protected].

Bill Citty was out pushing for another assault weapons ban a couple of years ago after officer Katie Lawson was shot, so he's a known advocate for gun control. The statement that bothered me the most was how The Oklahoman was given "unprecedented access to evidence in the Lawson case...at a far earlier stage in the legal process than is customary" in order to support the article. If I were still an OKC resident, I would probably contact Mayor Mick Cornett and City Manager Jim Couch about this.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
We ought to have a sticky about Oklahoma officials who make anti-2A statements. Some are elected, some are appointed, but remember the appointed ones are typically appointed by the elected ones. Be nice to keep a record, complete with links of those folks who are interested in depriving us of our rights.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To me it reads a .223 out of an AR is more deadly than a .223 out of grandpas mini 14.

So that means "they" think that my 15-22 is more deadly than my 10-22? Really? Hmmmm ...

Here's a link to the second article: http://newsok.com/high-powered-guns-ammunition-particularly-destructive/article/3739969. Looks like they've already changed the title from what was printed in the paper.

Kk, thanks ...

By their logic is perfectly ok to have a sub sonic 300 blackout on an ar platform.

LOL ... That'll rock some boats!

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need the reporter to explain this language to me:
Eddie Johnson, a former Oklahoma City police officer who is now a liaison to families for the state medical examiner, was careful to point out that guns don't fire themselves. But the high rate of fire compares with velocities similar to powerful deer hunting rifles, made to kill animals that can be significantly larger than humans.

If I were teaching a journalism class, this article would receive an "F" for lack of clarity.

Apparently the journalist is confused by the difference between "rate of fire" and velocity and therefore unqualified to write the article.

Latest posts

Top Bottom