Are crows considered pests?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to Ft. Codd one time to shoot them. This was back in the early 80's. It was a lot of shooting.
Been there done that. Awesome time. The crows reaked havoc on the peanut farmers crops.
Crows are actually very intelligent birds. They can be thought to talk, are trainable and have their own language.

Blackdog

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took about 600 last season. Mostly around hitchcock oklahoma. There is a season and it's perfectly legal to harvest them. Use shotguns Mostly but will shoot a bunch with rifles as well

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think this settles it...

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpeg
    maxresdefault.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 0

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crows are actually very intelligent birds. They can be thought to talk, are trainable and have their own language.
They did a study at MIT about crows getting hit by vehicles. The researchers discovered that the ones that died were mostly being hit by pickups and semis, and usually on the down slope of a hill or around a blind curve. It turned out that the crows posted lookouts, but although all of them could say "cah," none of them could say "truck."

Latest posts

Top Bottom