Are you an "essential worker"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well my wife and I have worked 2 weeks solid now and are at work now( snuck into my office for a minute)
We have been so busy and are have some people working overtime. Probably losing money out the wazoo(besides the stock market) because of the ridiculous amount we get reimbursed for prescriptions. We normally are open for part of the day on Saturday but not Sundays. On call 24/7. I'm tired.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not in one of the traditional essential categories. It used to be more clear cut when the emergency was short-term. If an emergency goes on for months or even years, we need to redefine these essential worker categories....... Just develop haz mat spacesuits for everyone or society will not look the same given enough time.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think so, but unfortunately the .gov will probably disagree and try to force me to go to work.

I'm lettin' ya know right now, if'n it gets bad enuf, my ass ain't showin' up.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well dang it im #7 on the list, have been trying for years for my work to let me take more than 1 day at a time off and most of the time i get called back in on them days. The last couple of weeks i have tried faking every sickness known to man except death(might try that next) to get some time off.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well dang it im #7 on the list, have been trying for years for my work to let me take more than 1 day at a time off and most of the time i get called back in on them days. The last couple of weeks i have tried faking every sickness known to man except death(might try that next) to get some time off.

Tell 'em you've been exposed, and you've got to self-quarantine for 14 days. Sorry! No choice!

Latest posts

Top Bottom