Are you an "essential worker"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since Cox offers phone and internet, yep I'm an essential worker. Though if SHTF happened, I would be on call from my house and only roll on phone/internet problems. I too got my letter stating that while working I can blow through NG/PD barricades like it was a cheap video game.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heck yeah! I just went and read the list! I think I’m covered under #3! All this time I been thinkin that siren on my Feedtruck was for callin the cattle in, which it does, but now I know it’s for comin/goin in hot like @Tanis143 mentioned above!

No fair, I don't have a siren... though I do have flashing lights... wonder if I could requisition a siren...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Chief Sapulpa is spot on. When I worked a contract at airport for a couple years. City workers all complained that Fire and Police always got the goodies and never took the cuts vs regular workers. I am pro-fire and pro-leo but it didn't make sense to me. Let water stop running for a week, all the sewers start backing up and trash rotting everywhere. The poor cops and firemen wouldn't have a chance in hell. The truth was they just had better union guys fighting to get them more goodies from what I could tell.
When the butthole quits working, everything else shuts down. That makes it essential.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
“If you work in a critical infrastructure industry, as defined by the Department of Homeland Security, such as health care services and pharmaceutical and food supply, you have a special responsibility to maintain your normal work schedule,” President Donald Trump said Monday.

And, according to the DHS Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), there are 14 employment categories that the agency identifies as Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers. These include:

1. Health care and public health workers

Hospital and laboratory personnel, caregivers, mental health workers, doctors, nurses, researchers, pharmacists, dentists, social workers, technicians, as well as funeral home and cemetery workers.

Interesting.
They have all but shut down all dentists and yet there it is, maintain your normal work schedule!!

I'm shut down. In some states they are shut down "until further notice" in others until May 8.

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom