Are You Ready for Some OU Foots-ball?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When we tailgate for the OU home games, we always invite the visiting fans in for eats and drinks. That makes for some of the best experiences and fellowship.
I went to the South Dakota game, and there were four SoDak fans sitting not far from me. They were slightly outnumbered, but they were there to support their team and have a good time, and that's what they did--as did the OU fans around them, with plenty of good-natured banter going back and forth. I think both sides went away with a positive impression.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to the South Dakota game, and there were four SoDak fans sitting not far from me. They were slightly outnumbered, but they were there to support their team and have a good time, and that's what they did--as did the OU fans around them, with plenty of good-natured banter going back and forth. I think both sides went away with a positive impression.

Good to hear! But OU - South Dakota isn't a rivalry. It's a tune-up for OU and a money maker for South Dakota. And pretty much all their fans know it for what it is. But it's good that they came to support their team and have a good time. It would have sucked had a bunch of drunk Okies had given the poor guys a load of crap...I hope none of them went home with a bad impression, although my sense of realism tells me a few probably did. Small schools and the players from teams like South Dakota LOVE to get a chance to play against the Big Boys, whether it's OU, Alabama, Texas, etc. Het look! I almost caught a pass against OU! Hey look! I almost blocked an OU lineman! I'm on TV!

That's good stuff there; the things memories are made of.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Obnoxious OU fans huh? Anyone go back and read some of the OSU fans talking all kinds of shite on this board just a few weeks ago? Oh, and early in the season when OU's kicker got in trouble and they confidently predicted (wrongly) how it would be swept under the rug? Uh huh...

And how about last year after the playoff?

And last year before Bedlam?

And on and on and on...

Yeah, I am sure it is just the OU fans... lol.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I was the one complaining about the kicker that would probably get to play and Riley made the right decision not to let him play and got a lot of respect in my book. They played a good game yesterday and won. I hope they do well in postseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I'm curious gentlemen, is it the younger fans that act that way? Because I'm thinking older men like myself have better sense than that and can appreciate one of the greatest in state rivalries anywhere in this nation without acting a fool.
EDIT: Just to set the record straight. I never acted like an a-hole as a young fan either. I've always enjoyed this rivalry and have always enjoyed good natured banter on both sides. But then again I am a Baby BOOMER!

I let my season tickets go several years ago because a drunken POS that sat behind me screaming obscenities at the top of his lungs the whole game, jack wad was in his 50's!!

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On another note, when Alabama came to play here several years back in like 1999-2000 or around there anyway, they brought over 300 RV’s parked at the Lloyd Noble parking lot and probably the best group of fans I’ve ever seen. They were wearing their ‘Bama T-shirts and hats, and talking a little trash, but it was always with a smile and in a good natured way it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was there and me and my son had a blast with some Bama fans!! Great bunch of folks!!

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like some of you fellas have the worst luck.

I think I found out why the guy I was buying the tickets from was letting me have them at his cost LOL!! Other than that drunken screamer, most of the fans ,whatever team, I ran into at the games were great.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking back at the OSU season, I never thought there would be much chance against OU or Baylor and I thought Texas would be a toss up (lost by 6). The one game I was really disappointed in was Tech, we had the horses to win that game but really did not play with any passion that I could tell.

Latest posts

Top Bottom